Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

On 10/23/2020 at 8:40 AM, Bucketheadsdad said:

Want to see what I keep rambling on about?  Set your DVR's.  4:30 tomorrow morning, FS1.  This is the Australian Football League's "Super Bowl."  I'll be up watching it live, if you want to chat about the game in real time.  

Well, it didn't turn out the way I hoped.  The Tigers played a fantastic 2nd half, and were far and away the better team this morning.

7 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I think its just a spike official numbers. Just never had the numbers in the beginning because of the lack of testing. Which is annoying. Everyone in the beginning took it as a joke because the numbers werent there. Numbers werent there because of the lack of testing. Now the testing is there. People need to stop being ignorant morons.Just wear your damn masks

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I think its just a spike official numbers. Just never had the numbers in the beginning because of the lack of testing. Which is annoying. Everyone in the beginning took it as a joke because the numbers werent there. Numbers werent there because of the lack of testing. Now the testing is there. People need to stop being ignorant morons.Just wear your damn masks

I mean, it’s more than testing, hospitalizations are rising too.

But yes, just wear a damned mask and act like a friggin adult ffs.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I mean it went from "it's a hoax" to "it will be over after the election" to "it's just the flu."  I've heard  every conspiracy theory you can think of, and people talking about how their rights are being infringed upon.  You had 16 year old kids, working at ice cream shops getting yelled at by j.ck offs, when reminded of a mask policy.  This is the world we live in.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, big poppa pump said:

I mean it went from "it's a hoax" to "it will be over after the election" to "it's just the flu."  I've heard  every conspiracy theory you can think of, and people talking about how their rights are being infringed upon.  You had 16 year old kids, working at ice cream shops getting yelled at by j.ck offs, when reminded of a mask policy.  This is the world we live in.

Most people are fine if they catch it so many people weigh that risk and find it more of a nuisance than a safety measure to wear a mask or socially distance. My uncle, who is in his early 60s was just flown to Columbus for plasma treatment because he has Covid and pneumonia in both lungs. Unfortunately he had an allergic reaction to the plasma and is now on a ventilator so it is looking extremely bad for him. He takes care of his brother who is blind and on disability so this is doubly bad.

It's very sad and has played out this way for many many Americans and people around the world. No this isn't the black plague but it also isn't just the flu. Odds are you and those close to you will be fine, hits you much differently though when it does get you or a loved one in a bad way.

Just hoping/praying for the best and me and my family aren't alone. I just don't know if any words are going to change the minds of people who refuse to take this seriously.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

Most people are fine if they catch it so many people weigh that risk and find it more of a nuisance than a safety measure to wear a mask or socially distance. My uncle, who is in his early 60s was just flown to Columbus for plasma treatment because he has Covid and pneumonia in both lungs. Unfortunately he had an allergic reaction to the plasma and is now on a ventilator so it is looking extremely bad for him. He takes care of his brother who is blind and on disability so this is doubly bad.

It's very sad and has played out this way for many many Americans and people around the world. No this isn't the black plague but it also isn't just the flu. Odds are you and those close to you will be fine, hits you much differently though when it does get you or a loved one in a bad way.

Just hoping/praying for the best and me and my family aren't alone. I just don't know if any words are going to change the minds of people who refuse to take this seriously.

Man sorry to hear about your fam Thomas.  You are exactly correct though.  Some folks won't take it seriously unless it hits home!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Sorry bud.  Stuff like this is so frustrating because so much of it is actually avoidable. Its absolutely maddening for me because so many people have the “I don’t care, I’ll be fine” mentality while seemingly not caring one iota about people they’re around who may not be. 

“I’m not afraid of no flu, I’m not gonna wear a mask.  Hey everyone look how defiant I am” guy has literally been one of the most disheartening things I’ve experienced. 

I wish the best for him, it’s not over yet.

• Like 1