Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

12 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Kinda curious now how you meant "supposed to".

Agreed. I was just making a broad statement based on what I have witnessed of the belief systems of most folks here. I may be incorrect in my assertion.

Just to point the obvious out here, but you are taking a "pro" stance. While I happen to agree, you are framing a "pro" stance as centrist/acceptable to most, at least how it reads to me.  

Not saying I necessarily am strongly in favor of the other side, but one side has clearly stated that they mean to proceed in the direction of disarming of the citizens. Venezuela disarmed it's citizens very recently, so it's not impossible.

I hope you are right, as my personal stance leans strongly into personal rights of citizens, but there is a slippery slope of citizens always needing the help of government in order to defend themselves/mete out punishment. What if it turns out government not friend?

I am on the side of responsible ownership and extensive background checks, including mental acuity testing, but we also have one political party (again, this is not necessarily an endorsement for the other major part) that is redefining what firearms are even doing, including ignoring statistics (like pistols being the #1 killer) in order to attempt to make mad restrictions (like how much ammo a person can purchase and how they can purchase it legally) and saying they will take them by force if need be. There are folks on camera who have said those exact words, so the conversation has at least been started; it's not some faraway deal anymore.

tl;dr never say never; we all would've said our country/small businesses but not big businesses would never be locked down, and yet here we are

Thing is we've had many Presidents in my lifetime that were supposed to outlaw guns, God and abortion and other Presidents that were supposed to make each mandatory yet none of that ever happens.

It's a fear based system where they try to scare their own supporters to strengthen their support. Happens on both sides. All it does is make many American hate other Americans, at least in the political setting. I mean, we should be better and smarter as citizens than to let others control us through these measures but we aren't. Unfortunately. So we spread hate for things that aren't going to change dramatically anyway to the benefit of those seeking donations to their cause (pockets). Makes me sad and disappointed.

We will rise up though. I just hope when it happens, probably a long time from now, that people accept change that will benefit the people and not be the brainwashed extremists that they are trying to build the population of.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Thing is we've had many Presidents in my lifetime that were supposed to outlaw guns, God and abortion and other Presidents that were supposed to make each mandatory yet none of that ever happens.

It's a fear based system where they try to scare their own supporters to strengthen their support. Happens on both sides. All it does is make many American hate other Americans, at least in the political setting. I mean, we should be better and smarter as citizens than to let others control us through these measures but we aren't. Unfortunately. So we spread hate for things that aren't going to change dramatically anyway to the benefit of those seeking donations to their cause (pockets). Makes me sad and disappointed.

We will rise up though. I just hope when it happens, probably a long time from now, that people accept change that will benefit the people and not be the brainwashed extremists that they are trying to build the population of.

Quality post.

Nothing I have witnessed or experienced with people has surprised me. However, on the flip side it makes me believe that society isn’t becoming worse. It’s just doing what it has always done.

We used to burn women alive for dancing in the woods if crops failed. We used to keep people as slaves. 

However, because we’re “comfortable” with Netflix, Hulu, and football we don’t realize how horrific people still are.

You take away laws and we’re doing the same awful crap we did in the stone ages.

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 1

Just now, candyman93 said:

92.3 million votes have already been cast.

Which means we might not know results until Friday.

There were 137 million in 2016 and we still have today and then the actual Election Day remaining.

No matter the results, it’s good to see people actually engaged and doing their part.

5 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Holy crap

That’s going to be a overwhelming nightmare.

Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin can’t begin processing until tomorrow...and that also means anything postmarked tomorrow counts as well...which will take days to even count.