Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

10 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Hospitals are being overwhelmed in rural areas.

I’m shocked.

There are multiple reasons though. One is where I assume you are going with it but the other is just hospital size. If it is built to serve 15k people its max capacity for anything is going to be extremely low. If you have something that requires 1% of your population to be hospitalized you are only going to be able to accommodate about 25% of them and that doesn't take into account patients that are there for other reasons.

While NYC has about the same numbers mathematically, (it's a slightly higher hospital bed rate per capita) it only takes a small surge to put a rural hospital over the limit. If a few blocks have a high infection rate and 20 people are hospitalized that hospital is full and there is no other hospital local to easily send them to. If a section of a large city gets hit hard there are other hospitals to pick up the slack and it isn't a big deal unless they get hit hard everywhere like we saw earlier this year in NYC.

• Like 4

We're veering into "get shut down again" topics. 

Stuff to avoid: Political statements (this would all be better/worse with different leaders!), Stereotyping (it's the _______ fault!), personal insults (you just don't know anything!)

I'd like this thread to be able to stay open, but I'm not on every day. If you guys don't do a better job self policing, webby will probably shut it down.

• Like 1

Can I just say its weird watching the Masters in the fall. I'm not mad about it but it still feels weird. 

Also golf might be the only pro sport that I think no fans makes it better. Not hearing GET IN THE HOLE after every tee shot is nice.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JDD said:

Can I just say its weird watching the Masters in the fall. I'm not mad about it but it still feels weird. 

Also golf might be the only pro sport that I think no fans makes it better. Not hearing GET IN THE HOLE after every tee shot is nice.

If you dont like someone screaming Mashed Potato's when someone nukes it off the tee, then you can just get the hell out of here

• Like 1

I'm curious of when we will get to the point of when they are telling us the golf leader board at a certain event when they no longer update us that Tiger Woods is in 17th place. When he was basically golf I understood it. Now, unless he is part of the leader board do we really need that notification?

4 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I'm curious of when we will get to the point of when they are telling us the golf leader board at a certain event when they no longer update us that Tiger Woods is in 17th place. When he was basically golf I understood it. Now, unless he is part of the leader board do we really need that notification?

Its because there is no clear best player to market in the sport. Over the last decade there have been many that were touted as the 'next guy' like Jason Day, Dustin Johnson, Jordan Speith, Rory McIlroy, ect but none of them were able to keep it together past 3 years or so.

So you have a bunch of really good golfers at the top and not 1 'the' golfer that anybody tunes into watch for with everybody else chasing.

Believe it or not, Tiger is still the #1 draw to the sport regardless of what position he is in

4 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Its because there is no clear best player to market in the sport. Over the last decade there have been many that were touted as the 'next guy' like Jason Day, Dustin Johnson, Jordan Speith, Rory McIlroy, ect but none of them were able to keep it together past 3 years or so.

So you have a bunch of really good golfers at the top and not 1 'the' golfer that anybody tunes into watch for with everybody else chasing.

Believe it or not, Tiger is still the #1 draw to the sport regardless of what position he is in

I don't disagree with any of that. Still, do people who haven't been tuning in going to tune in to see Tiger because they heard he was 13th at the current event?

It just seems odd to me to hear it. In baseball news, Padres beat the Giants, Reds beat the Pirates and Mike Trout his a single in the 4th inning.

21 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I don't disagree with any of that. Still, do people who haven't been tuning in going to tune in to see Tiger because they heard he was 13th at the current event?

It just seems odd to me to hear it. In baseball news, Padres beat the Giants, Reds beat the Pirates and Mike Trout his a single in the 4th inning.

Do you have a video link of the single?

-golf fans

22 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

lol I get it but I honestly think they do. Because people will ALWAYS think Tiger has a chance and is going to go on a run. As long as he is a few strokes within striking distance people are going to be interested in watching him.

I know I do at least. Im watching this right now to watch Tigers round, I could care less about John Rahm or beefcake mcgee Bryson Dechambeau