Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

9 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

Temporary fix. I know I speak for a ton of people, I will not pay full movie theater price for a movie in my home. I’ll wait for the rental price. Nothing will ever replace a full on movie theater experience. It’s a date night experience that can’t ever be replaced, whether with an actual girl (yeah some in here don’t understand) or with your boys. Movie and dinner out at a restaurant can never be replaced. Never!

I see about 1 movie or so a year. IMO, it has to be something with great special effects, sound, or a screen experience. I'm not going to a theater for a comedy or drama, but I'll go for an Action/Adventure/SciFi (Star Wars, LOTR).

JMHO

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

11 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

Temporary fix. I know I speak for a ton of people, I will not pay full movie theater price for a movie in my home. I’ll wait for the rental price. Nothing will ever replace a full on movie theater experience. It’s a date night experience that can’t ever be replaced, whether with an actual girl (yeah some in here don’t understand) or with your boys. Movie and dinner out at a restaurant can never be replaced. Never!

I see about 1 movie or so a year. IMO, it has to be something with great special effects, sound, or a screen experience. I'm not going to a theater for a comedy or drama, but I'll go for an Action/Adventure/SciFi (Star Wars, LOTR).

Unless it’s a date, I just wait until it’s gets leaked online or released on Netflix.

I understand the emotional high people get. Also understand the feeling of “being the first” to see it.

12 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I don’t get the appeal of movie theaters at all.

I like going if I can get a matinee where there won't be many people there. When I go, it's purely for the surround sound, big screen, and special effects that I can't get at home, as well as a movie I "have to see now", which doesn't come around very often (See: The Dark Knight trilogy)

12 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

That said I generally don’t like anything with crowds and a bunch of people.  Movie theaters, concerts, amusement parks, festivals, crowded bars, etc.

c26f73ca-fad7-4ca3-91fe-82c70be5c47d_480

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yes, of course.

In all seriousness, for the most part I'm with you on the "crowd experience" thing. I hate big cities, and now that I have kids I basically avoid crowds or anything where I can't have a clean line of sight. We do make exceptions for festivals, or at least the Pumpkin Festival I should say.

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

In all seriousness, for the most part I'm with you on the "crowd experience" thing. I hate big cities, and now that I have kids I basically avoid crowds or anything where I can't have a clean line of sight. We do make exceptions for festivals, or at least the Pumpkin Festival I should say.

I don’t mind going to cities for a reason, like something historic or interesting.  Maybe I just don’t find those other things all that interesting or entertaining lol

I don’t mind going to cities for a reason, like something historic or interesting.  

Something historic, probably will go/do.

Maybe I just don’t find those other things all that interesting or entertaining lol

*Checks log of last 22 years +/- 3 years of Browns games*

This checks out

• Like 2

7 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I don’t get the appeal of movie theaters at all.

That said I generally don’t like anything with crowds and a bunch of people.  Movie theaters, concerts, amusement parks, festivals, crowded bars, etc.

Football games?

29 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Football games?

Not really tbh.

Rather watch them at home.

No ticket expense, no parking, better beer for a fraction of the price, more comfortable seats, no piss covered public restrooms, fridge a few steps away, better view/replays. 

I don’t mind one every now and then, but generally I prefer watching them at home.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Not really tbh.

Rather watch them at home.

No ticket expense, no parking, better beer for a fraction of the price, more comfortable seats, no piss covered public restrooms, fridge a few steps away, better view/replays. 

I don’t mind one every now and then, but generally I prefer watching them at home.

Same.

Haven't been to one since all the kids moved out.

Used to be a good "do something with the kids" thing.

• Like 1