Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

24 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

No ticket expense, no parking, better beer for a fraction of the price, more comfortable seats, no piss covered public restrooms, fridge a few steps away, better view/replays. 

The main thing for me is the seating, don't like rubbing shoulders with strangers. Parking would be #2, that and navigating. Don't mind the beer prices, I'm not drinking it or the restrooms, I'm not drinking so I'm not going to need them. Don't care to eat while watching a game in person or at home.

Having watched so many games on TV and only maybe 20 pro games in person it seems a bit surreal to me also. Doesn't have the same emotional effect. At least losing doesn't seem as bad, winning is still great because of the atmosphere of the home crowd.

• Like 1

I used to enjoy and love going to OSU games. However, my interest has definitely dropped over the years. It’s sad because it’s like a 10 minute drive to the stadium.

It’s like what Letsgo said. I have everything I need within 5 feet of me with no time commitment.

On 12/4/2020 at 8:27 AM, MWil23 said:

I see about 1 movie or so a year. IMO, it has to be something with great special effects, sound, or a screen experience. I'm not going to a theater for a comedy or drama, but I'll go for an Action/Adventure/SciFi (Star Wars, LOTR).

JMHO

I’m kind of the same in that I’m selective in which movies I’ll go to. Normally I’ll see about 4-10 a year, more if I’m dating. To me it just makes for a fun evening. 

On 12/4/2020 at 10:08 AM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I don’t get the appeal of movie theaters at all.

That said I generally don’t like anything with crowds and a bunch of people.  Movie theaters, concerts, amusement parks, festivals, crowded bars, etc.

Believe it or not I’m kind of the same. If I have nobody to go with me I’ll go on a Thursday afternoon. There’s never anybody there and having the whole place to yourself is awesome. I also don’t go when movies are first out, I wait for the crowds to die down. 

I've been to the movie theater once in the last 20 years.  Just doesn't interest me to hang around (in person) with a bunch of strangers.  Now, I've got a fairly solid film collection however, as I do love movies.  I also love being able to pause them and use the bathroom when I need to as well.  (Trust me.....when you whippersnappers get old, you'll love that aspect too.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

I've been to the movie theater once in the last 20 years, but I made it count.  Just doesn't interest me to hang around (in person) with a bunch of strangers.  Now, I've got a fairly solid film collection however, as I do love movies.  I also love being able to pause them and use the bathroom when I need to as well.  (Trust me.....when you whippersnappers get old, you'll love that aspect too.)

@Bucketheadsdad, confirmed

image583649.jpg

1 hour ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

I'd appreciate it if you would delete my picture please. We’re not allowed to have pictures of us on here. Thanks

aef50301d056b522f7d092eb9dbfcc25.jpg

Edited by NudeTayne
*reports duplicate poster accounts to self* I'll look into it.
  • Like 1