Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

8 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Sounds like a man speaking from experience.

Stay safe my guy and I hope the lady recovers quickly.

Thank you.

I’ve personally been as careful as humanly possible. Just sucks and I hope I don’t get anybody else sick.

Edited by candyman93

30 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Thank you.

I’ve personally been as careful as humanly possible. Just sucks and I hope I don’t get anybody else sick.

My wife had a fever for 12 days with it (when you are most contagious) and I somehow never caught it from her. We didn't isolate at all until like day 5 with the fever and still it wasn't like I wore a mask or we stayed on different floors, I just slept in a different room. I still fixed her meals and brought them to her and etc...

So there is a chance you won't catch it, somehow.

Hopefully hers is mild and yours is if you catch it, the most important thing (as far as I know) is to keep the lungs working especially if one of the symptoms is chest congestion.

There are youtube videos showing you how to do them but it is basically take 5 deep breaths waiting 5 seconds to exhale each one and on the 6th breath cough as you exhale. Do them in sets of 2 every so often. Good preventative measure if you are at risk and good for your lungs if they do get attacked.

Edited by Thomas5737
  • Like 1

I’ll call this day 3 of covid.

My arms are stiff. Other than that, I would simply think I just have allergies. No headaches, fever, cough, vomiting, diarrhea, and my breathing is just slightly congested.

Not to freak anybody out, but there’s a very strong chance a lot of you guys probably had it too and didn’t think anything of it.

2 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I’ll call this day 3 of covid.

My arms are stiff. Other than that, I would simply think I just have allergies. No headaches, fever, cough, vomiting, diarrhea, and my breathing is just slightly congested.

Not to freak anybody out, but there’s a very strong chance a lot of you guys probably had it too and didn’t think anything of it.

Awesome to hear buddy! Glad you're doing well! :)

My symptoms were also minor, and if not for the smell/taste thing, I'd never have thought twice about it.

That said, I wear my fitbit daily, and my resting heart rate in the last 40 days has been up 10-15 bpm, so I'm going to the doctor for a physical and extensive blood workup, just to make sure everything is good. It could be something as simple as "stress" (LOL, 2020) or the fact that I mashed food over Thanksgiving and last weekend, or something as complex as blood pressure/heart issues stemming from having had it. Best to be safe IMO. @LETSGOBROWNIES any advice on the heart rate portion here? I'm actually down 10-15 pounds and have been working out regularly in the last 2 weeks since, so I've been surprised. Typically I'm in the 66-68 bpm range and I'm at 80 right now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

Awesome to hear buddy! Glad you're doing well! :)

My symptoms were also minor, and if not for the smell/taste thing, I'd never have thought twice about it.

That said, I wear my fitbit daily, and my resting heart rate in the last 40 days has been up 10-15 bpm, so I'm going to the doctor for a physical and extensive blood workup, just to make sure everything is good. It could be something as simple as "stress" (LOL, 2020) or the fact that I mashed food over Thanksgiving and last weekend, or something as complex as blood pressure/heart issues stemming from having had it. Best to be safe IMO. @LETSGOBROWNIES any advice on the heart rate portion here? I'm actually down 10-15 pounds and have been working out regularly in the last 2 weeks since, so I've been surprised. Typically I'm in the 66-68 bpm range and I'm at 80 right now.

Being sick, stressed, stimulants, dehydration?

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Being sick,

I'm healthy the last week and a half. The last two times I've seen this, there was COVID and a nasty bug that I had. This time, I feel fine.

stressed,

No more than I've been in the last 9 months.

stimulants,

Two weeks ago, I made the switch to a single cup of coffee a day, down from my 2-3 cups. I drink it black

dehydration?

Last week yes, but this week definitely not.

That's why I'm asking...I've checked the usual benchmarks here and I'm drawing a blank.

Just now, MWil23 said:

I'm healthy the last week and a half. The last two times I've seen this, there was COVID and a nasty bug that I had. This time, I feel fine.

No more than I've been in the last 9 months.

Two weeks ago, I made the switch to a single cup of coffee a day, down from my 2-3 cups. I drink it black

Last week yes, but this week definitely not.

That's why I'm asking...I've checked the usual benchmarks here and I'm drawing a blank.

Other than that, unless you have a heart or thyroid issue or something which would be unusual for someone your age/habits/health status/, maybe a crappy Fitbit?  Have you used multiple devices or manually checked your pulse to see if it’s accurate?

6 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Other than that, unless you have a heart or thyroid issue or something which would be unusual for someone your age/habits/health status/, maybe a crappy Fitbit?  Have you used multiple devices or manually checked your pulse to see if it’s accurate?

As of now, the Fitbit has been pretty accurate. I just got a new one this past summer, so maybe I'll clean the sensor again tonight and see. I'm scheduled for my annual physical and bloodwork. We have major heart history in our family, so I'm not worried, but concerned enough to check it out I suppose. There's so much conflicting data out there about myocarditis and COVID I'm not really sure what to think. 

I checked manually, and on the 15 second mark I'm at 19-20 beats, so the 80 mark would fit.

5 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

As of now, the Fitbit has been pretty accurate. I just got a new one this past summer, so maybe I'll clean the sensor again tonight and see. I'm scheduled for my annual physical and bloodwork. We have major heart history in our family, so I'm not worried, but concerned enough to check it out I suppose. There's so much conflicting data out there about myocarditis and COVID I'm not really sure what to think. 

I checked manually, and on the 15 second mark I'm at 19-20 beats, so the 80 mark would fit.

Potential covid issues seem likelier than anything else tbh.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Are you injured in any way? Pulled muscle or something like that which requires extra blood flow for the healing process?

Any idea if your body temperature has also changed?

There are many reasons your heart naturally increases its rate. Most are temporary, even the time of day factors in. If you have a fever your heart rate will go crazy as your body tries to cool itself down.

P.S. I'm not in the medical field.

• Like 1