Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Potential covid issues seem likelier than anything else tbh.

4 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Are you injured in any way? Pulled muscle or something like that which requires extra blood flow for the healing process?

Any idea if your body temperature has also changed?

There are many reasons your heart naturally increases its rate. Most are temporary, even the time of day factors in. If you have a fever your heart rate will go crazy as your body tries to cool itself down.

P.S. I'm not in the medical field.

2 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

That will probably be an answer from a lot of doctors going forward.

Just don't know what to expect from it during or after illness.

I just more or less want to be proactive. I feel fine and I'm not overly worried, but my wife is concerned. I'm still having some major fatigue related issues at night (I went to bed at 8:30 last night), but aside from that, I feel fine. My strength numbers are also WAY down, but that could be the weight loss as well.

I assume blood work would come back with some sort of possible explanation?

13 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I just more or less want to be proactive. I feel fine and I'm not overly worried, but my wife is concerned. I'm still having some major fatigue related issues at night (I went to bed at 8:30 last night), but aside from that, I feel fine. My strength numbers are also WAY down, but that could be the weight loss as well.

I assume blood work would come back with some sort of possible explanation?

Fatigue is a side effect in a lot of people that are recovering from Covid. I don't know what the science is that causes it but there is a strain to your system somewhere, whether from your immune system or otherwise that is causing it. I would think that is probably related to the increased heart rate. Whatever stress that is causing fatigue is probably also increasing your heart rate as it tries to heal it.

Covid cells have been found everywhere in the body in autopsies so it could be in pretty much any organ and even though it is dead it could still trigger your immune system since there is a foreign body present.

I don't know if a blood test will help (it won't hurt). There may be something that they find that is low but I suspect there won't be anything crazy that they find. It is smart to take care of your heart though and is a good idea. Probably just going to end up having to wait on your body to do the work though, Covid has been defeated but recovery is still going on.

Best of luck to you. Recovery can take a long time even with mild symptoms. My wife is still battling some recovery issues a few weeks after her fever returned to normal. Some people have issues for months, though usually it isn't anything major, more just nuisances.

Edited by Thomas5737
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Fatigue is a side effect in a lot of people that are recovering from Covid. I don't know what the science is that causes it but there is a strain to your system somewhere, whether from your immune system or otherwise that is causing it. I would think that is probably related to the increased heart rate. Whatever stress that is causing fatigue is probably also increasing your heart rate as it tries to heal it.

Covid cells have been found everywhere in the body in autopsies so it could be in pretty much any organ and even though it is dead it could still trigger your immune system since there is a foreign body present.

I don't know if a blood test will help (it won't hurt). There may be something that they find that is low but I suspect there won't be anything crazy that they find. It is smart to take care of your heart though and is a good idea. Probably just going to end up having to wait on your body to do the work though, Covid has been defeated but recovery is still going on.

Best of luck to you. Recovery can take a long time even with mild symptoms. My wife is still battling some recovery issues a few weeks after her fever returned to normal. Some people have issues for months, though usually it isn't anything major, more just nuisances.

Thanks buddy, I appreciate it! :)

3 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I don’t have symptoms to justify getting a rapid test. So I just did the test that takes 3-4 days.

I tried to schedule on Monday but they made me wait until today.

The rapid test is much less accurate as well. The PCR is absolutely the way to go. 

• Like 2

On average there is about 11  minutes of play in an NFL game. See: https://qz.com/150577/an-average-nfl-game-more-than-100-commercials-and-just-11-minutes-of-play/

You can watch almost all of the play except the last two seconds here: 

Couple that with good play-by-play and commentating from a local broadcast team and you have a pretty complete picture of the game without having to listen to the network stiffs or stare at a monitor.

The main void is challenge plays, although the locals almost always call them correctly.

This should not be difficult to understand.

Efficient.

And if the rule is no smoking in the house as it is in my case, you can smoke.

Edited by bruceb
grammar
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, buno67 said:

doesnt sound like its your house...

It's my rule, too.

Grandson is over here often, and I do not like the lingering smell.

Don't smoke in my office or car, either.

Edited by bruceb
Complete thought

It’s not even 11am and I’m ready to lose it on everyone in my house. 

well first, I was up to 3am finishing wrapping presents and putting name tags on everything. After that, since it’s the last day with our elf, I put together a scavenger hunt for my daughter to find the present our elf left her. Spent time making little clues. Tying them up with ribbons and everything. It ends with the elf and presents sitting in our bathroom. Wake up this morning. Wife knows it’s in our bathroom but for someone reason let’s our daughter walk into the bathroom and sees the present and elf on the counter basically ruining the whole Hunt because she knows where it ends. So I’m annoyed with that. The clues I put down were just tough enough to make my daughter think and my wife is basically giving her the answers, which annoyed me. Well the Hunt is over and my daughter gets the present. It’s a nice little necklace with her birthstone, a mermaid gem, and the letter B for her naming starting with B. Well an hour later I see that my daughter has broken the chain and clasp In three different places so I can’t fix it. Tells me she swallowed the gem piece but didn’t actually do it. My Son is over by the steps trying to hurt our dog, he doesn’t know better, I tell him No and he loses his mind and throws a massive tantrum. So I got my daughter sitting in our kitchen closet pouting cause she got yelled at. My son is in the kitchen. Throwing a tantrum. I said screw it, I’m gonna do the laundry. I go open the washer and see that my wife had a diaper in there by accident so I now have the insides of a diaper all over the washer and freshly washed clothes. So now I have to clean the washer and rewash the whole load. 

my god I ready to snap!

6 minutes ago, buno67 said:

It’s not even 11am and I’m ready to lose it on everyone in my house. 

well first, I was up to 3am finishing wrapping presents and putting name tags on everything. After that, since it’s the last day with our elf, I put together a scavenger hunt for my daughter to find the present our elf left her. Spent time making little clues. Tying them up with ribbons and everything. It ends with the elf and presents sitting in our bathroom. Wake up this morning. Wife knows it’s in our bathroom but for someone reason let’s our daughter walk into the bathroom and sees the present and elf on the counter basically ruining the whole Hunt because she knows where it ends. So I’m annoyed with that. The clues I put down were just tough enough to make my daughter think and my wife is basically giving her the answers, which annoyed me. Well the Hunt is over and my daughter gets the present. It’s a nice little necklace with her birthstone, a mermaid gem, and the letter B for her naming starting with B. Well an hour later I see that my daughter has broken the chain and clasp In three different places so I can’t fix it. Tells me she swallowed the gem piece but didn’t actually do it. My Son is over by the steps trying to hurt our dog, he doesn’t know better, I tell him No and he loses his mind and throws a massive tantrum. So I got my daughter sitting in our kitchen closet pouting cause she got yelled at. My son is in the kitchen. Throwing a tantrum. I said screw it, I’m gonna do the laundry. I go open the washer and see that my wife had a diaper in there by accident so I now have the insides of a diaper all over the washer and freshly washed clothes. So now I have to clean the washer and rewash the whole load. 

my god I ready to snap!

source.gif

• Like 2