Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

37 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

We do, it would be more of an exception to the rule. Balls and nuts are more common slang references for the testicles. 

My father in law (my wife's step dad) is from NZ. I have never heard him say bollocks but he does still use petro, bonnet, and things like that. Also he has told stories when he was here for about 2 years he turned left a couple times at a red light lol

Bummed for them because they go back every 2 years for 3+ weeks but they don't get to go this year. They would have left on 2/2/21, but with the quarantine rules it isn't worth it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JDD said:

My father in law (my wife's step dad) is from NZ. I have never heard him say bollocks but he does still use petro, bonnet, and things like that. Also he has told stories when he was here for about 2 years he turned left a couple times at a red light lol

Bummed for them because they go back every 2 years for 3+ weeks but they don't get to go this year. They would have left on 2/2/21, but with the quarantine rules it isn't worth it. 

I have never understood calling petrol gas. Its a liquid. 

Also we dont turn left on red lights at least not in the last 20 years, that's a him thing. Unless you mean a red arrow? We dont have many of them in my city of christchurch. 

I had a Canadian gf, briefly, and one thing I noticed is that it freaked her out crossing the road just anywhere. 

If you are a pedestrian and you can cross the road without a light or signal you just do it. There is no such thing as jay walking.

Edited by Kiwibrown

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

I have never understood calling petrol gas. Fits a liquid. 

Also we dont turn left on red lights at least not in the last 20 years, that's a him thing. Unless you mean a red arrow? We dont have many of them in my city of christchurch. 

I had a Canadian gf, briefly, and one thing I noticed is that it freaked her out crossing the road just anywhere. 

If you are a pedestrian and you can cross the road without a light or signal you just do it. There is no such thing as jay walking.

He moved here around 18-20 years ago so that makes sense on the timing. Like I said he had a brain fart and just went lol

If you want to get in line for arguing our version of English you might be in line for a long time. 

He grew up outside of Auckland and then moved all around as he got out of the house. He was like youngest of 12 kids so I think he moved out around 16. He's a cool guy, pretty quiet and reserved. But after a few drinks he opens up a bit. He told me one time his goal at 17 was to sell drugs on the beach and just hangout all day. He said that lasted for about 2 days lol

24 minutes ago, JDD said:

Also I hope to one day visit the Kiwi island. The pictures are amazing and I would imagine that they have engineering jobs there. Maybe I won't leave lol

It's pretty cool place. I'll put some shrimp on the barbie for you. When I get a bbq, and can find some shrimp we dont have them here. 

Freaky and nude dont read on.

Never been to the US but it is a lot different, way more expensive and jobs pay a lot less. Politically more stable, less corrupt and we have universal health care are the big draws in my mind. 

Also every man and his dog doesnt have a gun or hand gun which i like.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

It's pretty cool place. I'll put some shrimp on the barbie for you. When I get a bbq, and can find some shrimp we dont have them here. 

Freaky and nude dont read on.

Never been to the US but it is a lot different, way more expensive and jobs pay a lot less. Politically more stable, less corrupt and we have universal health care are the big draws in my mind. 

Also every man and his dog doesnt have a gun or hand gun which i like.

Well I know that Australia and New Zealand are not the same place. So I have that going for me. 

Also I'll run the smoker or we can have a good traditional lamb dinner (that is happening today actually after I get off work)

13 minutes ago, JDD said:

Well I know that Australia and New Zealand are not the same place. So I have that going for me. 

Also I'll run the smoker or we can have a good traditional lamb dinner (that is happening today actually after I get off work)

We have the best lamb in the world. I **** you not. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, DawgX said:

Do you guys say bollocks or is that just a British thing?

Wtf are you trying to say? Just say what we all know you're getting at.

*readies Twisted iced tea*

3 hours ago, JDD said:

I have never heard him say bollocks but he does still use petro, bonnet, and things like that.

3 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

I have never understood calling petrol gas. Its a liquid. 

1 hour ago, JDD said:

If you want to get in line for arguing our version of English you might be in line for a long time. 

*readies second Twisted iced tea*

KNOCK IT OFF. WE SPEAK AMERICAN IN THIS FORUM. DON'T MAKE ME LOCK THIS THREAD AGAIN. I'LL DO IT! DON'T THINK I WON'T

'CAUSE I WILL.

Edited by NudeTayne
😠😡😤
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, JDD said:

Bollocks is more something you would say with the same meaning as BS.

• Like 1