Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

1 hour ago, ReggieCamp said:

Yeah, you'd think Robinhood of all places would do the opposite.

On a more important note, your post taught me that buttholes doesn't get edited out.

buttholes buttholes buttholes

This is fun.

buttholes

hey man, buttholes is a very underrated noun or verb

• Like 1

8 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I can genuinely believe Robinhood couldn’t manage the amount of people flooding their app.

It’s definitely sketchy though.

Then you shut down the app... you can’t suddenly stop allowing the ability to buy the the 3-4 hottest stocks. You could sell them but you couldn’t buy them. They are connected to a firm that was shorting the stocks so they stopped the buying ability so they would stop losing money. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Most of the time they’re limited to what they can sell at one time and it has to be declared in advance in many cases.

For reasons such as this.

It depends on the way the stock options were given to him. While you are probably right it might just happen to be something he was going to do anyway lol

Anyway this is a great story and showing the stupidity of how things really work. If they were winning on the short no one would stop it from happening. But since it went the other way I guess the rules are different. 

I think Game Stop has gotten more publicity for this than they have the last 20 Christmas and black Fridays combined. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, buno67 said:

Then you shut down the app... you can’t suddenly stop allowing the ability to buy the the 3-4 hottest stocks. You could sell them but you couldn’t buy them. They are connected to a firm that was shorting the stocks so they stopped the buying ability so they would stop losing money. 

You’re right the more I read. Best response I read:

“RobinHood’s transactions are done through CITADEL

Citadel has backed MELVIN CAPITAL to the tune of $2.75 billion

Melvin Capital lost a fortune (over $3 billion) in this revolt because they had shorted GAMESTOP. 

The more GameStop goes up, the more money they lose. 

So Citadel/RobinHood banned their hundreds of thousands of users from buying shares of GameStop. 

But they didn’t freeze the stock, they continued to allow users to sell the shares, just not buy any. The result was that the stock tanked (in the short term, it’s now back up).

This was blatant and overt market manipulation by a company who controlls stock purchases in order to protect their own investments.

Now Wall Street is pissed because regular people had the audacity to pool their money and use it in the same way these billionaires do every ******* day of the week to influence the markets to their own advantage. 

This isn’t a free market economy, it’s a rigged ******* oligarchy masquerading as a free market economy.”

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

You’re right the more I read. Best response I read:

“RobinHood’s transactions are done through CITADEL

Citadel has backed MELVIN CAPITAL to the tune of $2.75 billion

Melvin Capital lost a fortune (over $3 billion) in this revolt because they had shorted GAMESTOP. 

The more GameStop goes up, the more money they lose. 

So Citadel/RobinHood banned their hundreds of thousands of users from buying shares of GameStop. 

But they didn’t freeze the stock, they continued to allow users to sell the shares, just not buy any. The result was that the stock tanked (in the short term, it’s now back up).

This was blatant and overt market manipulation by a company who controlls stock purchases in order to protect their own investments.

Now Wall Street is pissed because regular people had the audacity to pool their money and use it in the same way these billionaires do every ******* day of the week to influence the markets to their own advantage. 

This isn’t a free market economy, it’s a rigged ******* oligarchy masquerading as a free market economy.”

Glad AOC wants to go after them. Those buttholes ruined the economy in ‘08. Time to ruin them and force them to sell off their beach houses in the hamptons

On 1/29/2021 at 12:33 PM, buno67 said:

Glad AOC wants to go after them. Those buttholes ruined the economy in ‘08. Time to ruin them and force them to sell off their beach houses in the hamptons

There was a lot of things to blame for 2008. But yeah glad these homies are getting a taste of what it feels like to be on the other end of losing everything and not sure if they will have a job tomorrow. 

As for AOC, I don't think that matters. She hasn't swung at many big shots and actually connected. I think she is a paper tiger in this situation. Good to get twitter in an uproar though, I will give her that. Her team knows how to win those battles. 

• Like 1

On 1/29/2021 at 9:33 AM, buno67 said:

flat,800x800,070,f.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Edited by NudeTayne
That deserved to be bigger but was the largest I could find.

5 hours ago, JDD said:

There was a lot of things to blame for 2008. But yeah glad these homies are getting a taste of what it feels like to be on the other end of losing everything and not sure if they will have a job tomorrow. 

As for AOC, I don't think that matters. She hasn't swung at many big shots and is actually connected. She is a thot. Good to get twitter in an uproar though, I will give her that. Her team knows how to win those battles