Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

14 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Thanks. Yeah I’ve only known one other person who’s had one. Seems like a good concept but I was skeptical that it would keep water hot consistently. Doesn’t seem to be worth it for the price. Seems like a newer technology. Maybe they’ll have it figured out in a other 10 years. My current tank is leaking underneath so I’m going to have to get one ASAP but at least I have home owners insurance which will hopefully cover some of the cost. 

Two other things to figure out is where can you mount the tankless water heater and can you vent it? Do you have a wall to mount it or will you have to build something? Also the venting needs to be figured out so it doesn't look dumb or get in the way. Neither should be deal breakers but defiantly something to think about. 

I've thought about going with a tankless unit since our water heater and furnace are over 20 years old. 

• Like 1

On 2/23/2021 at 8:34 AM, JDD said:
On 2/22/2021 at 6:07 PM, sdrawkcab321 said:

Thanks. Yeah I’ve only known one other person who’s had one. Seems like a good concept but I was skeptical that it would keep water hot consistently. Doesn’t seem to be worth it for the price. Seems like a newer technology. Maybe they’ll have it figured out in a other 10 years. My current tank is leaking underneath so I’m going to have to get one ASAP but at least I have home owners insurance which will hopefully cover some of the cost. 

Two other things to figure out is where can you mount the tankless water heater and can you vent it? Do you have a wall to mount it or will you have to build something? Also the venting needs to be figured out so it doesn't look dumb or get in the way. Neither should be deal breakers but defiantly something to think about. 

I've thought about going with a tankless unit since our water heater and furnace are over 20 years old. 

I've got a tankless/on demand unit, and I couldn't be happier with it. It's "endless hot water" and will also drastically save you on your energy bill. It also saves an incredible amount of space. They're pricey, but well worth it on the short end for the endless hot water and will pay for itself in a few years with energy costs.

• Like 1

On 2/25/2021 at 5:04 PM, Dawgpoun8017 said:

Ughhhhh can’t wait for the nice weather to get here just bought a brand new set of golf clubs

I cant agree more. This past year has been hard. Mentally more than anything. 

I find myself looking forward to nice weather and checking the 10 day forecast more than ever before. I dont know if Im alone in this but I find myself in a better mood when the weather is nice and sunny.

Cant wait to get out there and play 18 holes just to give me a break from reality.

2 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Are you saying that participating in this forum is not a break from reality?🤓

Honestly and I mean honestly, I do come to this forum mostly to get away and just talk with people about something arbitrary like sports just to take my mind off other things. So I appreciate you all being here.

This fourum and chatting makes everything feel normal. Even if its for 20-30 mins

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 6

7 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Honestly and I mean honestly, I do come to this forum mostly to get away and just talk with people about something arbitrary like sports just to take my mind off other things. So I appreciate you all being here.

This fourum and chatting makes everything feel normal. Even if its for 20-30 mins

I completely understand what you're saying.....

Spoiler

but putting this forum and the word normal in the same sentence?

skeptical george c scott GIF

Edited by Bucketheadsdad
  • Like 1

Rewatched game of thrones. Still feel like the Dothraki strategy got a little too much hate. There’s literally no strategy in existence that could prepare any army for what happened at 4:18. You’re talking 800,000 meat shields with teeth and weapons just throwing themselves at you.

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Rewatched game of thrones. Still feel like the Dothraki strategy got a little too much hate. There’s literally no strategy in existence that could prepare any army for what happened at 4:18. You’re talking 800,000 meat shields with teeth and weapons just throwing themselves at you.

Still wasn’t a fan of the ending and the eventual king 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

Still wasn’t a fan of the ending and the eventual king 

You’re absolutely right.

It’s just the episode I referenced was the only good episode of that season. It got too much hate because of the crappy season in general.