Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

5 hours ago, candyman93 said:

You’re absolutely right.

It’s just the episode I referenced was the only good episode of that season. It got too much hate because of the crappy season in general.

See I think this was the worst episode of the show, by far, and it got too little hate because there were still 3 episodes left to salvage it. But there was no salvaging at this point. The first scene of the show hints at the danger of the White Walkers. The last scenes of most season finales involved the white walkers/army of the north growing in power. It was this building force for 7 seasons. The central theme of the show was that 'Everyones bickering and infighting while ignoring the real threat that is looming' 

What we got was a terribly shot episode (worst episode I've ever seen of television from a lighting perspective) that was filled with individually cool moments that when combined never mattered. 

• Bran controlling all the birds - what point did that have? 
  • The Dragon in the skies fight was cool but ultimately didnt really do anything
  • Jorah dying was the only real noteworthy loss and Dany using him as a human shield was hilarious
  • The motivation for the white walkers was to kill Bran? Give me a break. Thats so weak
  • The entire army dies from Arya diving out of the shadows

To me this episode betrayed all the themes and build up of the entire show. It basically nullified Jaime, Jon, Dany, and several others character arcs and pivoted it to Bran and Arya just because... Game of Thrones went from a GRRM masterpiece to a mediocre Michael Bay movie with this episode and the following 3. 

The only good episode of the season was EP2 when it built up for the fight but none of episode 2 mattered in hindsight. 

I JUST GOT AN ALERT FROM HR THAT SOME CLOWN JUST STOLE MY IDENTITY AND TRIED TO FILE UNEMPLOYMENT IN MY NAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thankfully it looks like no 1099-G has been filed and my employer caught it. No other loans/credit issues. It's been an unnerving last hour or so. Hopefully we caught it right away.

I'm IRATE.

13 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I JUST GOT AN ALERT FROM HR THAT SOME CLOWN JUST STOLE MY IDENTITY AND TRIED TO FILE UNEMPLOYMENT IN MY NAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thankfully it looks like no 1099-G has been filed and my employer caught it. No other loans/credit issues. It's been an unnerving last hour or so. Hopefully we caught it right away.

I'm IRATE.

Glad it got caught.

Happens a lot.  A LOT.  Many states seem to accept the claims without much research, so it's a scam that works way more than it should.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

Glad it got caught.

Happens a lot.  A LOT.  Many states seem to accept the claims without much research, so it's a scam that works way more than it should.

According to the Sheriff I called (dude was awesome btw!), he said that they're finding a lot of these guys are fishing for those who may have unemployment to try to beat them to the punch.

Thankfully I already filed my taxes and got the return back too.

6 hours ago, MWil23 said:

they're finding a lot of these guys are fishing for those who may have unemployment to try to beat them to the punch.

Older people, too, maybe.

Just happened to my 83 year old father in law.

He hasn't worked for 15 years!

10 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I'm IRATE.

Happened to me too this week.  I'd like to put them on Workmen's Comp instead.......with a ball peen hammer and their scrotum.

8 hours ago, bruceb said:

And local government employees? 

Technically as a teacher, yes.

9 hours ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

Happened to me too this week.  I'd like to put them on Workmen's Comp instead.......with a ball peen hammer and their scrotum.

It's happening everywhere, but the Sheriff I talked to said especially employees in the education field. What's really ironic is that 76 teachers here are getting laid off if our levy fails in 6 weeks (feels great...), so it could impact those people if they actually have to file for unemployment come June.

• Like 1

So I had this IRA account that I had doing Nothing. I got it from a company that I worked with for a year before I was able to join the IBEW (electricians union). I tried to get it moved off into the retirement stuff we have in the union but the financial guy for the union said to wait. So I had this account sitting around. Kinda forgot about it until I got a letter telling me about my yearly progress on it. Well it was doing nothing cause I wasn’t putting money in it and the money in the account wasn’t in anything. So I had $2800 just doing nothing. I was messing with it one night and saw that I could invest that money through the company it’s through. This was after the GameStop stuff came about and it started to have its dip. I ended up buying about 10shares for around $160ish I believe. With the rest of the money I just put it into mutual funds   Right after that is when GME took its huge dip. Was pissed that I just kinda blew that money but it was money I didnt really know about and I still have 30yrs left to work lol. Well a few days ago the price skyrocketed but I missed it by a few hours when it reached $340 but it was around $260ish. I said screw it’s and sold my shares. Made about a $1k from it. I just know that stuff is stressful and don’t know how ppl can day trade like that. I’m not a big gambler, that’s basically what day trading is, gambling. About to take that money I had in that stock and just put it into mutual funds and just sit on that stuff