Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

26 minutes ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

yup the itch is killin me

I'm ready as well. My golf league meets next Tuesday to determine partners and we officially start on April 13th(play Tuesday nights). 

I'm probably a year away from new irons. Try to update at least 1 thing in my bag each year and last year added a new Taylormade Wedge set. 

6 minutes ago, captin midnight said:

I'm ready as well. My golf league meets next Tuesday to determine partners and we officially start on April 13th(play Tuesday nights). 

I'm probably a year away from new irons. Try to update at least 1 thing in my bag each year and last year added a new Taylormade Wedge set. 

My Irons were about 15 years old and My Driver (Which the head snapped off mid swing) and woods were Nike Sasquatch, it was time for a new set, I also got a new Spider Putter, Still looking to add probably a sand wedge, the iron set gave me a pitch and an approach wedge

Not sure what all of you have for your TV situation, but Locast.org just went live in the Cleveland market!  Might be something that influences one's decisions about what service they use.  

https://www.locast.org/about

This public service announcement brought to you by the fine folks that brought you, "I learned it from watching you."

day psa GIF

Gentlemen (and ladies?), As you know, I've fallen in love with Australian Rules Football over the last 5 years.  Over the winter, footy fans got wind of the fact that Amazon was creating a "Hard Knocks" esque program about the 2020 season, following 4 players, a couple of coaches, and a team president (who happens to be an attorney from West Virginia.)  It is a fascinating series so far.  7 episodes long.  I'm in the midst of the 2nd episode.  If you ever wanted to get some insight of this fantastic game.  It is called "Making their Mark."  

9 hours ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

My Irons were about 15 years old and My Driver (Which the head snapped off mid swing) and woods were Nike Sasquatch, it was time for a new set, I also got a new Spider Putter, Still looking to add probably a sand wedge, the iron set gave me a pitch and an approach wedge

I mainly just play 1x/week in league. Rarely get to play on weekend(damn wife and kids), so I struggle on how much to invest in new equipment. I have found eBay has a good source for clubs if you go that route. 

2 hours ago, captin midnight said:

I mainly just play 1x/week in league. Rarely get to play on weekend(damn wife and kids), so I struggle on how much to invest in new equipment. I have found eBay has a good source for clubs if you go that route. 

I went and got a fitting at my local golf store, found them very helpful non pushy and knowledgeable 

2 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Fat people qualify for vaccines today in Ohio. Which I’m assuming is 100% of this board.  I knew my fatness would help me someday. 

So you're a fat scrub? Are you also a midget?

• Like 2

Had to get my license renewed this morning. I swear, anywhere I go and their is 10 or more people there, gotta be one person who has to vocally complain about Covid and make it out like it’s a hoax and govt conspiracy. Another person chimes in on how they had a friend die of cancer but since they tested positive for Covid they said it was Covid that killed them. The hospitals did that so they can get an extra $10,000 for the hospital because it’s a Covid death.

I really hate ppl sometimes...I bet you can guess who they voted for because they started to talk about that next. Thank god my numbers was called

• Like 1

On 3/12/2021 at 4:02 PM, captin midnight said:

I got myself a set of Cleveland Golf CG16 irons nearly a decade ago. 

I swear I didn't get them because if the Browns. They are a beautiful set of irons, for me anyway, and I can't see me upgrading bthem for a long time. Why fix what ain't broke?

I have Taylormade 3 and 5 woods and feel the same about them.

I definitely need a new driver. Or perhaps I need to learn how to use the driver.

• Like 1

wife and I try and take the quarantine serious. We have self isolated ourselves for so long. Following everything the CDC says. Wife is fully vaccinated and literally 3-4days before I get my first shot, I freaking get it. no symptoms. I get the shot and assume im feeling the shot. Well daughter gets sick and they test her and she is positive, so I get tested because of it and I come back positive. She tested positive, I get Tested on Friday, and just got the results back. so at the moment, I have, my 5yr has it, and  Saturday morning my 2yr woke up with a fever, so we assume he has it. Oh yeah, we were also suppose to have a baby on Tuesday but we had to cancel the induction. So very annoyed right now

25 minutes ago, buno67 said:

wife and I try and take the quarantine serious. We have self isolated ourselves for so long. Following everything the CDC says. Wife is fully vaccinated and literally 3-4days before I get my first shot, I freaking get it. no symptoms. I get the shot and assume im feeling the shot. Well daughter gets sick and they test her and she is positive, so I get tested because of it and I come back positive. She tested positive, I get Tested on Friday, and just got the results back. so at the moment, I have, my 5yr has it, and  Saturday morning my 2yr woke up with a fever, so we assume he has it. Oh yeah, we were also suppose to have a baby on Tuesday but we had to cancel the induction. So very annoyed right now

That sucks. Precautions will drastically lower your chances of getting it but it doesn't eliminate you from getting it. You seem to be asymptomatic so you may have been the first to get it. If the kids were in child care that is also a possibility, schools and childcare have to be a huge way it gets spread even if a lot of the info says otherwise because...kids and their habits. Fortunately kids do pretty well with recovering so it's scary but there is reason to be optimistic everyone will have a full recovery and that is the most important thing.

Good luck and hope the kids feel better and you remain symptom free and the wife does well with her delivery. If you need some help I imagine her brother would come over and assist.