Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

2 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

Not sure about that.....however, I was thinking about getting a mattress topper.  I don't have any experiences with them, but it would seem to be a helluva lot cheaper than a new mattress!

Yeah thought about that but those still cost a few hundred bucks for a good one and I heard they still sack out after a short amount of time.

We have a cheap Sealy plush mattress (I think it was $500) in our 2nd bedroom and it is BY FAR more comforatable than the 2k one we have in the master bedroom. It honestly feels like sleeping on a cloud and you sink into it. Its amazing.

I want to get the same thing that the $500 Sealy is just in King Size for our bedroom.

Ive been going crazy thinking how a 2k mattress is far less comfortable than a $500 mattress bought off Groupon, but here we are. Maybe cheaper is better.

3 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Yeah thought about that but those still cost a few hundred bucks for a good one and I heard they still sack out after a short amount of time.

We have a cheap Sealy plush mattress (I think it was $500) in our 2nd bedroom and it is BY FAR more comforatable than the 2k one we have in the master bedroom. It honestly feels like sleeping on a cloud and you sink into it. Its amazing.

I want to get the same thing that the $500 Sealy is just in King Size for our bedroom.

Ive been going crazy thinking how a 2k mattress is far less comfortable than a $500 mattress bought off Groupon, but here we are. Maybe cheaper is better.

If you’re fine with spending money on a new mattress I wouldn’t worry about the old one.  That money is gone, just move on.

And no one is gonna pay big money for your old mattress, just toss that thing unless a family member wants it.

Edited by LETSGOBROWNIES
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If you’re fine with spending money on a new mattress I wouldn’t worry about the old one.  That money is gone, just move on.

And no one is gonna pay big money for your old mattress, just toss that thing unless a family member wants it.

yeah I feel like Im either going to end up asking the delivery guys on the new mattress to take the old one with them or maybe call Goodwill and see if they can send somebody out for it.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I just sold my old bedroom set for around $350, and I couldn't even give the mattress away for free (decent shape), so I had to wrap it in plastic and wait for bulk trash pickup day. You're absolutely right.

3 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Stupid question. But we just bought a house 2 years ago, I was always sleeping on a older rock firm feels like concrete mattress my entire life. I wanted nothing more than the worlds softest mattress when we moved.

I decided to splurge and bought the most expensive and softest mattress Original Mattress Factory sold. Decided to go with them because they are local.

We are 1.5-2 years in and this mattress sucks. Its not nearly as comfortable as the one in the store we tried out and is actually quite firm still. Always wake up with shoulder pain and neck pain. I always thought it would break in, but it never has.

I spent $2,000 on this freaking mattress and it blows lol So I decided in the next month we are going to go get a new one, something cheaper maybe like a Serta/Sealy but know its actually 'plush'.

My question is what the hell do I do with this old mattress? Its in perfectly fine condition, it was extremely expensive and I dont want to just throw it away or have the other guys come take it. 

Is there anyway I can get something out of it? Do people buy mattress online like FB Marketplace or LetGo?

I have the same mattress but love it. This is wild to me. It's easily the comfiest thing I've ever slept on.

12 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Good excuse not to sleep on one of those uncomfortable hospital benches imo.

(jk...)

wouldnt have anyways. would have had to gone home to take care of my others kiddos. the first kid, I did stay over night with my wife. first night sucked cause it was in the labor room and all they had wad a couch and it sucked but once we got moved I actually had a bed to use

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Stupid question. But we just bought a house 2 years ago, I was always sleeping on a older rock firm feels like concrete mattress my entire life. I wanted nothing more than the worlds softest mattress when we moved.

I decided to splurge and bought the most expensive and softest mattress Original Mattress Factory sold. Decided to go with them because they are local.

We are 1.5-2 years in and this mattress sucks. Its not nearly as comfortable as the one in the store we tried out and is actually quite firm still. Always wake up with shoulder pain and neck pain. I always thought it would break in, but it never has.

I spent $2,000 on this freaking mattress and it blows lol So I decided in the next month we are going to go get a new one, something cheaper maybe like a Serta/Sealy but know its actually 'plush'.

My question is what the hell do I do with this old mattress? Its in perfectly fine condition, it was extremely expensive and I dont want to just throw it away or have the other guys come take it. 

Is there anyway I can get something out of it? Do people buy mattress online like FB Marketplace or LetGo?

i would look into a mattress topper. you might be able to get more years out of your current one. also, if you have a house, put it in the spare room. never know when another bed comes in handy

12 minutes ago, Reginaldm9 said:

The OMF one. 

Couldnt be more upset with it, especially for the price. I honestly feel like they gave us the wrong mattress thats how much unlike the one that we laid on in the store is.

They have the worlds most strict 'no returns after delivery' policy

Edited by AkronsWitness

1 minute ago, buno67 said:

i would look into a mattress topper. you might be able to get more years out of your current one. also, if you have a house, put it in the spare room. never know when another bed comes in handy

Thats the problem, the smaller Queen bed in our 'guest' bedroom is like heaven. And it was cheap. Literally bought it off Groupon lol I just wish it was a King so that I could just swap the mattresses 

4 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Couldnt be more upset with it, especially for the price. I honestly feel like they gave us the wrong mattress thats how much unlike the one that we laid on in the store is.

They have the worlds most strict 'no returns after delivery' policy

Did you take it out of the box? That could be your issue.

p.s. send me pics of your wives and I'll bid on your old mattresses.

• Like 2

On 4/15/2021 at 2:40 PM, AkronsWitness said:

Yeah. The mattress in your second bedroom is far more comfortable than the one in the main room.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JDD said:

Sorry just the thought of buying a used mattress

scratching chappelles show GIF

Needed a replacement mattress for our oldest when the cat peed on it. Wife dragged me to a used mattress store (yes that's a thing, and they were busier than I expected). Talked her out of buying there by googling how much bedbug removal costs.

I had to shower as soon as we got home. 

• Like 1