Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

14 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

Needed a replacement mattress for our oldest when the cat peed on it. Wife dragged me to a used mattress store (yes that's a thing, and they were busier than I expected). Talked her out of buying there by googling how much bedbug removal costs.

I had to shower as soon as we got home. 

Im finding out Mattress shopping sucks. A lot and its very difficult to find something that you actually like.

You look online and its like "Pillow Top Super Mega Soft Euro Top Plush Mattress" and then you read the reviews and there are 10+ people writing "Worst Mattress ever It Felt Like Sleeping On Concrete Coated With Legos"

15 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Im finding out Mattress shopping sucks. A lot and its very difficult to find something that you actually like.

You look online and its like "Pillow Top Super Mega Soft Euro Top Plush Mattress" and then you read the reviews and there are 10+ people writing "Worst Mattress ever It Felt Like Sleeping On Concrete Coated With Legos"

Furniture shopping in general sucks. Everything feels so much more comfortable at the store than it is when you get it home. 

I bought a bed, I literally said 'take me to your sturdiest bed, I have sleep issues and hyper-focus on noise and movement'. 

The bed looks sturdy. The wood feels sturdy. It *is* sturdy. But since we got it in the house, there is a mysterious clicking sound when you move. I wanted to die.

So anyway, I got a Rx to a sleep aide and paid the bed off. Super comfy King size sturdy boy. She just clicks.

19 minutes ago, carl_sjunior said:

I bought a bed, I literally said 'take me to your sturdiest bed, I have sleep issues and hyper-focus on noise and movement'. 

The bed looks sturdy. The wood feels sturdy. It *is* sturdy. But since we got it in the house, there is a mysterious clicking sound when you move. I wanted to die.

So anyway, I got a Rx to a sleep aide and paid the bed off. Super comfy King size sturdy boy. She just clicks.

Was the clicking noise your hip, by chance?  

• Like 1

I'm on the computer, and just before my son goes to bed he comes and hangs out, nearly two years old. He is just learning to speak, he probably can say less than 100 words at this stage. 

Anyway, he asked 'football' so we start watching browns vs ravens 2nd game of the year. He is watching intently, Baker throws an int to that linebacker. My boy

'Oh no'

He knows which team to follow, and I think he already knows more about the game than my wife.

Edited by Kiwibrown
  • Like 6

55 minutes ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

To our New Zealand brethren, I hope you find solace in this day of honor and remembrance.  

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS8t3VNOO9rxvGtWRwsl_c

Thanks man, really appreciate it. I have had the privilege of looking g after some vets at work that fought in ww2. I met one guy whose plane went down in France as the allies invaded and survived as a pow. 

Another dude who recalled shelling Japanese solider and it was a crippling memory for him. Some great uncles fought in north Africa as well. 

In ww1 a lot of young men from New Zealand rowed into gallipoli under fire from the Turks and lost their lives in a poorly coordinated assault led by the poms. 

• Like 1

Also (Warning, rant incoming)

I am currently boycotting lumber, which is outrageous at over a 300% increase, and am gathering an army of intelligent like minded individuals who will also vow to do the same. As long as people keep buying and enabling these distributors, the prices are going to stay put and us as consumers will continue to get absolutely crushed and gouged. I'm officially putting my foot down. Who is with me?!?!?!?!

dozens_of_us_arrested_development.gif

• Like 1