Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

8 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah…. Forgot about that one.  Absolutely unnecessary cameo. 

I know a ton of people were in the Long Night episode. But they were hidden by the fact that you couldn't see much lol.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, JDD said:

I know a ton of people were in the Long Night episode. But they were hidden by the fact that you couldn't see much lol.

Yeah the whole episode was way too dark for sure lol.

They also had those folks in full costume and not really identifiable.  Sheeran was just… there… and singing to help you make the damned connection if you’re a touch slow on recognizing who it is.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

Poll:

favorite scene of the series

worst scene of the series 

saddest scene of the series 

Fav: Aria getting revenge for her family with Frye Pie or Battle of the Bastards

Worse: Bran being named King

Saddest: Shireen’s execution 

1 hour ago, JDD said:

favorite scene of the series: Aria feeding Walder Frey his son's

Battle of the bastards is the best episode. 

5 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Fav: Aria getting revenge for her family with Frye Pie or Battle of the Bastards

Stepbrothers GIF by memecandy

People were only mad about that scene cause Ed Sheehan was in it. It was a nice scene that had a point in the story. It humanized people for Aria as she was on a blood rampage to kill all Lannisters and realized most are just normal people 

honesty thought it was a really well done scene but people got mad cause it had a cameo 

29 minutes ago, roger murdock said:

People were only mad about that scene cause Ed Sheehan was in it. It was a nice scene that had a point in the story. It humanized people for Aria as she was on a blood rampage to kill all Lannisters and realized most are just normal people 

honesty thought it was a really well done scene but people got mad cause it had a cameo 

No we wanted her to follow through with that blood rampage. Ed ruined two things with his cameo lol

• Like 2

On 6/28/2021 at 4:45 PM, MWil23 said:

Never seen GoT. Never will either, simply for the incredulous responses and berating. It makes me dig my heels in all the more.

I use to be like that. I got so bored with what was streaming, so I gave it a chance. Best decision to make

11 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I use to be like that. I got so bored with what was streaming, so I gave it a chance. Best decision to make

GoT was amazing and I didnt think the final 2 seasons were nearly as bad as people made them out to be.

I will say that the last episode left much to be desired with the conclusion--but everything leading up to that point was still incredible. 

The Ice Dragon part, Aria killing the night king, ect. There was some tremendous episodes in the 6th-8th season but people want to poo-poo the entire thing just because the Final 30mins of the whole show sort of sucked. The show had a abrupt ending when people were used to long drawn out episodes just to get to the final event with high tension. 

It honestly reminds me of how people turned on the show Lost when it was popular 15 years ago. Incredible show, last season sucked, everybody turned on it.

Edited by AkronsWitness

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

GoT was amazing and I didnt think the final 2 seasons were nearly as bad as people made them out to be.

I will say that the last episode left much to be desired with the conclusion--but everything leading up to that point was still incredible. 

The Ice Dragon part, Aria killing the night king, ect. There was some tremendous episodes in the 6th-8th season but people want to poo-poo the entire thing just because the Final 30mins of the whole show sort of sucked. The show had a abrupt ending when people were used to long drawn out episodes just to get to the final event with high tension. 

It honestly reminds me of how people turned on the show Lost when it was popular 15 years ago. Incredible show, last season sucked, everybody turned on it.

Everyone wants their favorite shows to end like breaking bad. Where 99% of things are wrapped up and with some closure. GoT didn’t have a main character though so you had to wrap up about 25 different stories in a shortened season. 

I get why people are mad about the last season because it needed more episodes. Like having a real battle with the Gold Company or Dany killing Cerise but in reality that would just be another layer on the show. 

1 hour ago, JDD said:

Everyone wants their favorite shows to end like breaking bad. Where 99% of things are wrapped up and with some closure. GoT didn’t have a main character though so you had to wrap up about 25 different stories in a shortened season. 

I get why people are mad about the last season because it needed more episodes. Like having a real battle with the Gold Company or Dany killing Cerise but in reality that would just be another layer on the show. 

I mean the show had to end eventually and they couldn't devote 2 episodes building up the drama for each main character death.

That's why I think people are disappointed. GoT was all about dramatic build up episodes do fans got used to that. When they were hit with a short and swift ending there didn't know what to do.

This episode as a whole was one of the best I’ve ever seen. Showed you vantage point of how terrifying dragons would be.

This scene made me physically pause because you knew there’s no way this was going to end well for Jaime. Just a dumbass decision by him.

10 hours ago, candyman93 said:

This episode as a whole was one of the best I’ve ever seen. Showed you vantage point of how terrifying dragons would be.

This scene made me physically pause because you knew there’s no way this was going to end well for Jaime. Just a dumbass decision by him.

This was literally the scene I was hoping for when I first started watching. I just wanted to see some dragons mess up an entire army.

15 hours ago, JDD said:

I guess my point would be if you’re gonna spend 6-7 seasons expanding the storyline you’d better then be willing to dedicate 2-3 seasons wrapping it up.  If you want it to be done well anyway.

And it doesn’t have to be a perfect ending like BB, a “good” ending would have been fine.  GoT decided to simply mail it in imo.

I just feel like they had a chance at making the greatest show in the history of television and shat on it.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I guess my point would be if you’re gonna spend 6-7 seasons expanding the storyline you’d better then be willing to dedicate 2-3 seasons wrapping it up.  If you want it to be done well anyway.

And it doesn’t have to be a perfect ending like BB, a “good” ending would have been fine.  GoT decided to simply mail it in imo.

I just feel like they had a chance at making the greatest show in the history of television and shat on it.

I think the two guys who were the main writers got the Star Wars gig (which I think they got dropped from) and they didn't want to take more time on GoT.

I can get behind your idea it was rushed, I just don't think they could end it any other way without more seasons which wasn't happening. Also hasn't GRRM come out saying the books will end different? Well not ****