Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

Our HS football camp starts next week, and our local medical training team/network still doesn’t have a water distribution policy (translation: they are refusing to provide water for our athletes). I’m absolutely incredulous. 

Get your stuff together guys. You’ve had since Memorial Day to come up with a gameplan and our 2 a days start August 1. Aside from all of our athletes being over the age of 12, the state of Ohio/Governor and local district have ruled on these protocols already.

If you’re still unsure, maybe pony up and buy about 100 dozen cases of water bottles each week and fill a trough full of ice before we have a tragedy on our hands since some 14-16 year old kid practices because he forgot his own water and thinks that this is worth risking heat stroke/exhaustion over, because most of these kids erroneously believe that already.

• Like 1

On 7/10/2021 at 8:34 AM, MWil23 said:

Our HS football camp starts next week, and our local medical training team/network still doesn’t have a water distribution policy (translation: they are refusing to provide water for our athletes). I’m absolutely incredulous. 

Get your stuff together guys. You’ve had since Memorial Day to come up with a gameplan and our 2 a days start August 1. Aside from all of our athletes being over the age of 12, the state of Ohio/Governor and local district have ruled on these protocols already.

If you’re still unsure, maybe pony up and buy about 100 dozen cases of water bottles each week and fill a trough full of ice before we have a tragedy on our hands since some 14-16 year old kid practices because he forgot his own water and thinks that this is worth risking heat stroke/exhaustion over, because most of these kids erroneously believe that already.

take it to the Iocal news. Just say the district is planning to refuse to provide safe water for the athletes to consume during summer practice. Just say you are a concerned parent

• Like 2

6 hours ago, buno67 said:

take it to the Iocal news. Just say the district is planning to refuse to provide safe water for the athletes to consume during summer practice. Just say you are a concerned parent

The hard part is, it’s not our district; it’s our local network provider (training and hospital staff). Technically per contract, if caught erroneously stating or painting the district in a negative light, I’d be in breach of contract. But, I suppose voicing my concerns about a lack of water to concerned parents who may or may not choose to do something similar wouldn’t be a bad idea. ;) 

• Like 1

On 7/10/2021 at 8:34 AM, MWil23 said:

Whatever happened to football players chugging some Coors between reps smh. 

• Like 1

On 7/10/2021 at 8:49 AM, big poppa pump said:

Just came back from U P in Michigan.  (a little town called De Tour Village, near Sault St Marie.  Talk about going back in time.....good place to unplug and unwind!!!!!!

my brother used to live in the UP, he used to live in Houghten

20 hours ago, MWil23 said:

The hard part is, it’s not our district; it’s our local network provider (training and hospital staff). Technically per contract, if caught erroneously stating or painting the district in a negative light, I’d be in breach of contract. But, I suppose voicing my concerns about a lack of water to concerned parents who may or may not choose to do something similar wouldn’t be a bad idea. ;) 

I remember the good ole days of the early 2000's when our water source came from a steel pipe with holes drilled into it...… that water always hit different 

• Like 2