Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

28 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Stay safe buddy.

This could get real ugly real quick with all those hospitals near capacity too.

Thank you

I think the stuff that gets me more over emotional than it should is when I see the remains of pets that were left behind. Like I wish I could share videos like this to educate people.

Like how the F do you think your dog is surviving that? Yes. I promise you, water DOES get that high really quickly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Truly an embarrassment for everybody involved. ESPN. Certainly the fake HS. But also IMG who supposedly played against them last year and could have first-hand vouched for this sham “school”.  Shame also on the coach who discredits Rio high school football and aspirations to play on a stage like that. Having a bunch of non-eligible players, graduates, drop outs, etc. This is the type of stuff they make a really bad comedy sports movie out of. The coach has an arrest warrant out. You can’t make this stuff up.

• Like 1

Hurricane Ida completely trashed the electric grid in Louisiana.

It’s so bad, they’re having to evacuate people despite the hurricane being long gone. The problem is that these people don’t know where to go. It’s easy to evacuate and stay away for 2-3 days, but you’re talking about 2-3 weeks.

Don’t take my word as gospel, but honestly some of these areas could be looking at 1-2 months.

Edited by candyman93

1 minute ago, candyman93 said:

Hurricane Ida completely trashed the electric grid in Louisiana.

It’s so bad, they’re having to evacuate people despite the hurricane being long gone. The problem is that these people don’t know where to go. It’s easy to evacuate and stay away for 2-3 days, but you’re talking about 2-3 weeks.

Yeah not too many people have cash for a 2-3 week hotel stay at the drop of a hat.  Hell many don’t have 2-3 days worth of cash.  

It’s a terrible situation.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah not too many people have cash for a 2-3 week hotel stay at the drop of a hat.  Hell many don’t have 2-3 days worth of cash.  

It’s a terrible situation.

I’m not an insurance agent, but from my understanding of the law, you’re covered if your house is completely destroyed. However, electric failure is not covered. Perfect example is what happened in Texas and why people had to freeze to death.

Edited by candyman93

15 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I’m not an insurance agent, but from my understanding of the law, you’re covered if your house is completely destroyed. However, electric failure is not covered. Perfect example is what happened in Texas and why people had to freeze to death.

I'm not an insurance agent either but yeah, there is nothing to cover for failed power coming to your house.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

How long does it take to get that check though?

I know we are not meant to talk politics, but if your politicians could stop spreading lies about New Zealand that would be much appreciated.

Some nut job republican senator is tweeting that we banned the sale of knifes after a terrorist attack in a supermarket last week. We didn’t ban knives, we are not stupid how are we meant to eat and cut stuff if we don’t have them🤣🤣

Oh and incase you are interested the terrorist stabbed 6 people they are all going to be ok and our police have a pretty good response time. His life was ended 60 seconds after he started his attack 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

I know we are not meant to talk politics, but if your politicians could stop spreading lies about New Zealand that would be much appreciated.

Some nut job republican senator is tweeting that we banned the sale of knifes after a terrorist attack in a supermarket last week. We didn’t ban knives, we are not stupid how are we meant to eat and cut stuff if we don’t have them🤣🤣

Oh and incase you are interested the terrorist stabbed 6 people they are all going to be ok and our police have a pretty good response time. His life was ended 60 seconds after he started his attack 

I dunno, man...people don't kill people; knives kill people. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

I’m generally about as liberal as they come, but I personally don’t find guns to be the issue, but rather a symptom of greater issues.

By and large gun violence is an issue related to poverty (and the dealings associated with it) and mental health issues. If we’re not going to address those, I’m going to keep my means of protecting me and mine.

Gun grabbing is just a lazy attempt at addressing much deeper rooted issues. At least here in America.  Here the areas of highest gun ownership and rights often have the lowest murder rates.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m generally about as liberal as they come, but I personally don’t find guns to be the issue, but rather a symptom of greater issues.

By and large gun violence is an issue related to poverty (and the dealings associated with it) and mental health issues. If we’re not going to address those, I’m going to keep my means of protecting me and mine.

Gun grabbing is just a lazy attempt at addressing much deeper rooted issues. At least here in America.  Here the areas of highest gun ownership and rights often have the lowest murder rates.

I agree that it’s definitely a symptom of a larger issue, but it’s the easiest symptom to treat and I will leave it there as I don’t want us to get in trouble 

2 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

I agree that it’s definitely a symptom of a larger issue, but it’s the easiest symptom to treat and I will leave it there as I don’t want us to get in trouble 

I don’t agree it fixes anything though.  And our second amendment makes anything similar to what y’all did somewhat irrelevant.  It simply won’t happen here.

As far as the rules, I’m just try to be pleasant and respectful.  No reason it shouldn’t be , we’re not fixing ish lol.