Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

There are any number of factors. But if we are talking statistics, a huge factor with it being so much young on young violence, is very clearly lack of father figure. Large reason these gangs even exist, kids just running amok living the criminal life with no guidance. Obviously there is violence outside of gangs, but these groups make up the majority of the homicides we see. 

Sure, if guns didn’t exist, people wouldn’t be able to use them on others. That’s not the reality though and never will be. A good starting point would be real prosecution of people that are arrested for various gun crimes. Violent crimes, homicides, are very rarely committed by non-recidivists. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

There are any number of factors. But if we are talking statistics, a huge factor with it being so much young on young violence, is very clearly lack of father figure. Large reason these gangs even exist, kids just running amok living the criminal life with no guidance. Obviously there is violence outside of gangs, but these groups make up the majority of the homicides we see. 

Sure, if guns didn’t exist, people wouldn’t be able to use them on others. That’s not the reality though and never will be. A good starting point would be real prosecution of people that are arrested for various gun crimes. Violent crimes, homicides, are very rarely committed by non-recidivists. 

why punish people harshly committing crime with guns when you can just pay them 300 bucks a month to not shoot people ...... (I am looking at you New York City and San Francisco)

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Legalize weed and stop allowing prisons to profit off of it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mega Ron said:

You don't need strict gun laws.

You just need to get rid of the guns.

We can’t get certain people to wear masks and you think they won’t throw a fit over guns being taken away…?

There are people who legitimately believe vaccines are part of a global pedophile conspiracy.

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Legalize weed and stop allowing prisons to profit off of it.

I don’t really think marijuana has become a thing for law-enforcement at this point. At most, it’s been confiscated at least in the Columbus area, without any charges or anything. I can’t speak for other agency policies but I think that’s kind of become a trend given the direction I think everyone knows that’s been heading. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I don’t really think marijuana has become a thing for law-enforcement at this point. At most, it’s been confiscated at least in the Columbus area, without any charges or anything. I can’t speak for other agency policies but I think that’s kind of become a trend given the direction I think everyone knows that’s been heading. 

We know you thieving bastards are just keeping it for yourselves.

Buy your own drugs dammit!

• Like 1