Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

People can say whatever they want about our HS Head Coach, but I just saw a kid come up to him on the brink of tears unable to pay pay to play, and he's just a backup JV kid, and he quietly told him not to worry and he'd pay for it. People can remember that when he's fired and they continue to applaud the guy we are playing tonight who isn't 1/100th of the human being. I’m proud to coach with/for him.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

People can say whatever they want about our HS Head Coach, but I just saw a kid come up to him on the brink of tears unable to pay pay to play, and he's just a backup JV kid, and he quietly told him not to worry and he'd pay for it. People can remember that when he's fired and they continue to applaud the guy we are playing tonight who isn't 1/100th of the human being. I’m proud to coach with/for him.

How much is it to play??

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:
2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

$250. A lot IMO

Yeah, it is.

Yeah, it's a shame some fall through the cracks. Not just those that could have made something of it but the experience itself.

I was always too poor to play organized sports for the most part and make trips to DC and such. My personality wouldn't even allow myself to try to get it out of my struggling parents. Once I was old enough to get a job I could have paid for it myself but with high school and a full time job that doesn't leave a lot of time left in the week.

After highschool we created county football leagues so I got to enjoy the experience so I don't feel slighted but I'm sure many have.

• Like 5

Set your DVR's!  Saturday morning, FS2, beginning at 5:00 a.m., the Melbourne Demons and Western Bulldogs are facing off for the AFL Grand Final.  The game is being played at Optus Stadium, in Perth, West Australia, as the state of Victoria is still in lockdown due to Covid, and the Melbourne Cricket Ground wouldn't be able to host any fans in their 101,000 seats. Hopefully next year.  Optus is a gorgeous stadium, however.

Oh, while you're not necessarily footy fans, you guys might be interested in my NFL preview episode that I put out a couple weeks ago.  https://www.ayankonthefooty.com/103-ayotf-2021-nfl-preview-with-a/

Edited by Bucketheadsdad
  • Like 2

Nurses in NZ are set for a big pay rise somewhere over 17% along with better provision for safe staffing.

there is a vocal group that are upset that it is not coming from our employer rather a government department. But our employer is the government at the end of the day.

they are complaining about accounting. 

People are stupid. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Nurses in NZ are set for a big pay rise somewhere over 17% along with better provision for safe staffing.

there is a vocal group that are upset that it is not coming from our employer rather a government department. But our employer is the government at the end of the day.

they are complaining about accounting. 

People are stupid. 

Have you ever tried having a conversation with a moth? If you think people are stupid....

40 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

Get to give a tour tomorrow with somebody that was on Khomeini sentence to death people.

Yo mikie as a fellow person who knows my land as much as I know you know yours, show them a good time. But always leave yourself an escape route. You’ll always have the advantage knowing you’re land. 

7 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

Yo mikie as a fellow person who knows my land as much as I know you know yours, show them a good time. But always leave yourself an escape route. You’ll always have the advantage knowing you’re land. 

No worries 

On 9/21/2021 at 10:03 PM, Bucketheadsdad said:

Set your DVR's!  Saturday morning, FS2, beginning at 5:00 a.m., the Melbourne Demons and Western Bulldogs are facing off for the AFL Grand Final.  The game is being played at Optus Stadium, in Perth, West Australia, as the state of Victoria is still in lockdown due to Covid, and the Melbourne Cricket Ground wouldn't be able to host any fans in their 101,000 seats. Hopefully next year.  Optus is a gorgeous stadium, however.

Oh, while you're not necessarily footy fans, you guys might be interested in my NFL preview episode that I put out a couple weeks ago.  https://www.ayankonthefooty.com/103-ayotf-2021-nfl-preview-with-a/

Great 1st half of footy. Could not have asked for anything more...other than my Cats actually showing up in the Preliminary Finals.

• Like 1