Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

33 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

That Alec Baldwin situation is nuts.  How does that happen??

Same thing happened with Bruce Lee’s son. I don’t understand. Someone must have set it up. Prop guns don’t actually shoot live rounds right? Gotta feel bad for Alec in this situation. I seriously doubt this was intentional and now has to live with this. 

Edited by sdrawkcab321
  • Like 1

SOMETIMES (very rarely), blanks still fire some sort of metallic projectile, and we'll have to wait and see if this is the case, or if someone else loaded the wrong size/live rounds into the chamber ala The Crow with Brandon Lee in 1993. Absolutely tragic.

If I remember the issue with the Crow was that a piece of the bullet got lodged in the chamber from the shot before.  When they shot the gun the next time it caused the projectile out like a live round and hit Brandon Lee. 

1 hour ago, JDD said:

If I remember the issue with the Crow was that a piece of the bullet got lodged in the chamber from the shot before.  When they shot the gun the next time it caused the projectile out like a live round and hit Brandon Lee. 

Correct. There was an unaccounted for live cartridge that had been jammed in there (I think a .44 caliber too).

You would think that anytime they are putting these weapons in play though, they are doing a thorough inspection. Every day before use and before every scene it’s in play. Anything that can fire any sort of cartridge. You always check the chamber. Things have certainly changed since the Brandon Lee days. But what happened with Baldwin should just not be happening today, period. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NateDawg said:

You would think that anytime they are putting these weapons in play though, they are doing a thorough inspection. Every day before use and before every scene it’s in play. Anything that can fire any sort of cartridge. You always check the chamber. Things have certainly changed since the Brandon Lee days. But what happened with Baldwin should just not be happening today, period. 

Ironically it’s that time of the year for me to qualify at the range, when we are out there even when we dry fire if we treat the gun any other way than that of it is loaded is an automatic dismissal from the range and a write up

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

Ironically it’s that time of the year for me to qualify at the range, when we are out there even when we dry fire if we treat the gun any other way than that of it is loaded is an automatic dismissal from the range and a write up

Yeah, anytime we even go to the Academy for an in-service training day, we get patted down prior to any scenario just as a safety measure in case of knives/secondary weapons which can be triggered by conditioned job responses. Then when we are handed a scenario gun, both the participants and instructor display and check the empty chamber and magazines. In this case, it’s pretty clear that safety measures were not properly in place. 

1 hour ago, NateDawg said:

Yeah, anytime we even go to the Academy for an in-service training day, we get patted down prior to any scenario just as a safety measure in case of knives/secondary weapons which can be triggered by conditioned job responses. Then when we are handed a scenario gun, both the participants and instructor display and check the empty chamber and magazines. In this case, it’s pretty clear that safety measures were not properly in place. 

Same here Do you guys train with sim rounds