Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

4 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Baby number 2 on the way. May god have mercy on my soul. 

2 is prolly the easiest to have. There is no learning on the job quite as much like you did with baby #1. You can play man to man coverage. Only thing that will make it hard is the age of the 1st. How old is your 1st?

I always heard #3 is the hardest because you are out number and boy is that right.

5 hours ago, buno67 said:

2 is prolly the easiest to have. There is no learning on the job quite as much like you did with baby #1. You can play man to man coverage. Only thing that will make it hard is the age of the 1st. How old is your 1st?

I always heard #3 is the hardest because you are out number and boy is that right.

She is 3. So there will be an age gap. At least I won’t have 2 in diapers at the same time but she’ll be 4 when the new baby is born. 

8 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

She is 3. So there will be an age gap. At least I won’t have 2 in diapers at the same time but she’ll be 4 when the new baby is born. 

IMO that is the perfect age gap. I had the same age gap between my 1&2. 1st is old enough to properly communicate needs and can play by themselves when needed. Our 3rd was 100% accident, so the gap is less than 2 years. It was rough in the beginning. #3 will be 8months Wednesday.

Hardest part going from 1 to 2 is the dynamic changing for the 1st born. Hard for them to understand they are not the center of attention anymore. My oldest was pretty good. Feel like she is having a rougher time now with the 3rd. Before she could have at least mom or dads full attention. We have had nights where she has stated she wishes she was the only child again cause mommy and daddy dont play enough with her. Sucks this all happen during covid, so we couldnt go to the places we have normally gone and I feel like she thinks its the kids fault.

Hell, I took 3 weeks off after the 2nd born to just spend more time with the 1st and just talk to her about it. Didnt want her to feel ignored at all and it just made things easier for momma.  I think every day I took her to the pool or waldameer park in erie (I highly recommend that place for their water park a lone, same goes for Splash Lagoon). I had one hell of a tan that summer

• Like 1

2 hours ago, big poppa pump said:

Congrats to my alma mater, the St Edward Eagles on their 5th State Championship!!!!!!

St. Edward beats Springfield 23-13 to win OHSAA D-I state title | wkyc.com

Only thing I found shocking was Kirtland losing and that Chardon won again. Pretty impressive for a public school like them to win back to back state titles

29 minutes ago, buno67 said:

IMO that is the perfect age gap. I had the same age gap between my 1&2. 1st is old enough to properly communicate needs and can play by themselves when needed. Our 3rd was 100% accident, so the gap is less than 2 years. It was rough in the beginning. #3 will be 8months Wednesday.

Hardest part going from 1 to 2 is the dynamic changing for the 1st born. Hard for them to understand they are not the center of attention anymore. My oldest was pretty good. Feel like she is having a rougher time now with the 3rd. Before she could have at least mom or dads full attention. We have had nights where she has stated she wishes she was the only child again cause mommy and daddy dont play enough with her. Sucks this all happen during covid, so we couldnt go to the places we have normally gone and I feel like she thinks its the kids fault.

Hell, I took 3 weeks off after the 2nd born to just spend more time with the 1st and just talk to her about it. Didnt want her to feel ignored at all and it just made things easier for momma.  I think every day I took her to the pool or waldameer park in erie (I highly recommend that place for their water park a lone, same goes for Splash Lagoon). I had one hell of a tan that summer

Yeah I am worried about my daughter getting jealous of the new baby. She’s been the center of everyone’s attention for 3.5 years. My sister doesn’t have kids and my wife is an old child so there’s no cousins. There’s some distant relatives we see once in a while but that’s it. That’s going to be a shock for her. She’s all hyped up about it at the moment but obviously doesn’t understand the sharing attention part. I’m just hoping by the time number 2 is born she’ll be in preschool and will at least have some more friends to play with so she won’t notice it as much. Maybe the answer is to just load her up with activities like Girl Scout or sports so she’s too busy with other things. 

31 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Yeah I am worried about my daughter getting jealous of the new baby. She’s been the center of everyone’s attention for 3.5 years. My sister doesn’t have kids and my wife is an old child so there’s no cousins. There’s some distant relatives we see once in a while but that’s it. That’s going to be a shock for her. She’s all hyped up about it at the moment but obviously doesn’t understand the sharing attention part. I’m just hoping by the time number 2 is born she’ll be in preschool and will at least have some more friends to play with so she won’t notice it as much. Maybe the answer is to just load her up with activities like Girl Scout or sports so she’s too busy with other things. 

Our families were very similar. She was the center of attention. Only grandchild, no cousins.

yeah biggest thing was trying to get the oldest involved to help, if its to get a wipe, a diaper, or anything. Didnt want to yell at her for getting too close or anything like that. We made sure to get a gift for her from the new sibling. like a gift to the new big sister. We always tried to make my daughter involved in as much  as possible. Like we had our gender reveal center around her. SIL had her dress up in a blue tutu, so when she came out at the right time, we would find out we were having a boy. Also the same thing when it came to #3, we had our oldest help. We were able to bring her to one of the doctors appoints to see mommy get her belly scanned.

The hardest part prolly was the days momma spent at the hospital. Longest time my daughter spent away from her. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Our families were very similar. She was the center of attention. Only grandchild, no cousins.

yeah biggest thing was trying to get the oldest involved to help, if its to get a wipe, a diaper, or anything. Didnt want to yell at her for getting too close or anything like that. We made sure to get a gift for her from the new sibling. like a gift to the new big sister. We always tried to make my daughter involved in as much  as possible. Like we had our gender reveal center around her. SIL had her dress up in a blue tutu, so when she came out at the right time, we would find out we were having a boy. Also the same thing when it came to #3, we had our oldest help. We were able to bring her to one of the doctors appoints to see mommy get her belly scanned.

The hardest part prolly was the days momma spent at the hospital. Longest time my daughter spent away from her. 

Yeah this is gonna be a tough one for my wife.  She has never spent a night away from our daughter. Luckily she has good grandparents that baby sit her almost every day so she’s use to being over there but she’ll have to spend the night a few times. 

6 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I found giving the older child small duties to be a part of raising the little one a way to help. Feed the baby, help change them, etc.

Make her feel important and her contributions appreciated. “You did such a great job being a big sister!