Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

1 hour ago, big poppa pump said:

Can Disney just move out of Florida?  I read somewhere that there were offers from other States.  Who would lose out more Disney or the State of Florida?  Maybe they would have to go back to State taxes if they lost out?  I would tear everything down too....not sell it to anyone...just some empty ghost town property that someone would have to re-build

Those tax exemptions they get while being allowed to be a monopoly despite antitrust exemptions is garbage. I hope they do move. That’s cutting off your nose to spite your face IMO. Disney is a loathesome corporation. JMHO

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Why would they do that? That would be insanely expensive. And pretty much put half of Orlando out of work. 

It seems they are at odds with the way things are governed there.  I don't want to get my hand smacked for talking politics, but it seems that Disney could put up a big middle finger to Ron for effin with them.

7 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

It seems they are at odds with the way things are governed there.  I don't want to get my hand smacked for talking politics, but it seems that Disney could put up a big middle finger to Ron for effin with them.

They could. Then they can pay a giant tax rate that they would in any other state. Disney isn’t some white knight in all of this. They’re one of the biggest monopolies in the world.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

They could. Then they can pay a giant tax rate that they would in any other state. Disney isn’t some white knight in all of this. They’re one of the biggest monopolies in the world.

They could go to Wyoming or south Dakota if they want no state tax 

11 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Yeah. Lots of people live in and visit those states. 😂😂😂

I mean, to be fair, nobody visits Orlando for other stuff.

Disney is THE attraction there.

The issue with the other states is the weather. Orlando allows for year round outdoor operation.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I mean, to be fair, nobody visits Orlando for other stuff.

Disney is THE attraction there.

The issue with the other states is the weather. Orlando allows for year round outdoor operation.

There are 285,000 people in Orlando. That’s  over 1/3 the size of North Dakota and 1/2 of Wyoming.

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

There are 285,000 people in Orlando. That’s  over 1/3 the size of North Dakota and 1/2 of Wyoming.

How many are there because of the park though?  Either because they work for the park or because there are local businesses because of park tourists?

And the population is fairly irrelevant.  I’d imagine it’s not locals who make up the overwhelmingly majority of visitors.

I used to like 5 min from Kings Island.  I went like once in the 3 years I lived there.

Ive been to Yellowstone more times in the last decade than Kings Island, and I drive by it to drop my oldest off at work.

My point is simply put the park anywhere and the people will follow.  

23 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Like, when as the last time you talked to someone and they said they were going to Orlando and it wasn’t for Disney (or family I suppose)?

”Just headed to Orlando to enjoy swamps” - nobody 

Probably talking to the wrong person. My wife lived there for a year due to a parent’s job 😂 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

LIS, “or family” lol.

It was a swamp when they built it and the town build up around the park.  The same would happen anywhere.

I mean, Vegas is literally in the middle of a desert

• Like 1