Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

21 minutes ago, BwickRedux said:

@Thomas5737 Been meaning to ask since you changed your avatar - are you a big Monty Python fan in general or just the Holy Grail? I grew up on it (even though I'm only 32) and love their entire catalog

Mostly the Holy Grail. The rest of their stuff is pretty hit and miss for my taste but the Holy Grail was the Holy Grail imo.

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

You better hurry up and get some sun on your buns, pumpkin spice lattes will be everywhere before you know it.

Based on this statement, am I correct in understanding you feel that summer is for getting sun on one's buns, whilst fall is for getting pumpkin spice lattes on them? 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Oh, we'll be driving through Cleveland around lunchtime, any good suggestions as far as restaurants?

I was thinking Mable's or Slymans, but would love a suggestion from someone local.  Looking for mid range prices (or less) and fairly quick in/out as we have to get to Niagra yet after that.

My advice is don't stop anywhere downtown. Nothing will be cheap or fast. Stop in Lakewood or one of the suburbs instead. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Oh, we'll be driving through Cleveland around lunchtime, any good suggestions as far as restaurants?

I was thinking Mable's or Slymans, but would love a suggestion from someone local.  Looking for mid range prices (or less) and fairly quick in/out as we have to get to Niagra yet after that.

I'm with backy on the nothing is cheap and fast downtown.  If you like corn beef I do highly suggest Slymans.  AND they just opened up one in Beechwood at 4009 Orange Pl, Beachwood, OH 44122.  You're probably going 71 north so you would just go up 271 north to get there. Then you could just go 271 north to 90 east.

But if you do want the downtown experience I hear Mables is very good and it is moderately priced.  Don't know about the speed.

• Like 1