Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

28 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

What is it? Looks like regular storm clouds to me. 

That’s because you don’t know what it is.  It’s is 

Edited by JDD
I was told to edit my response. I know to much
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, JDD said:

A train derailed with chemicals and it was either set or caught on fire. Which was the issue of toxic fumes 

https://www.nytimes.com/article/ohio-train-derailment.html

Something shady is going on. I’ve heard literally nothing about this about my job.

Nobody in the national news is talking about.

I’ve been reading there could be runoff into Pittsburgh and Cincinnati.

• Like 1

On 2/6/2023 at 5:52 AM, MWil23 said:

@Bonanza23 per the bio:

He has more than 2,700 flight hours in 40 aircraft types with operational experience in the F-4 and F-16. The general was an experimental test pilot in the F-16 and the first Air Force pilot to fly the YF-22 Advanced Tactical Fighter prototype. He managed the F-22 Cockpit Development Program and directed the T-38, F-5, F-16 and F-22 programs

Heck of a resume. Like I said the F-22 program only accepted the best of the best. 

BTW pretty sure I know who you’re talking about. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Something shady is going on. I’ve heard literally nothing about this about my job.

Nobody in the national news is talking about.

I’ve been reading there could be runoff into Pittsburgh and Cincinnati.

And Norfolk Southern is giving the town a measly $25 grand for the incident. You know how much that company is worth? Over $50 billion.

**** them.  

59 minutes ago, DawgX said:

And Norfolk Southern is giving the town a measly $25 grand for the incident. You know how much that company is worth? Over $50 billion.

**** them.  

Apparently it’s up to a million and a quarter, but your point stands. 

This is what happens when lobbyist line pockets so rail companies don’t have to upgrade brakes that are apparently civil war era technology so they can instead use that money to do stock buybacks. 

• Like 2

This is why when people complain about regulations and regulatory oversight I just picture the meme of them painting the clown face on. 

These corporations will ruin the air you breathe, the water you drink, the town/state/country/world in which you live if it means they make a profit and the CEO gets their bonus and they’ve proven this time after time for decades. 

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

This is why when people complain about regulations and regulatory oversight I just picture the meme of them painting the clown face on. 

These corporations will ruin the air you breathe, the water you drink, the town/state/country/world in which you live if it means they make a profit and the CEO gets their bonus and they’ve proven this time after time for decades. 

100% for "common sense" government oversight and regulations. The issue I have is/are the pork and kickbacks that these people who claim that they're out to "help the common man" and "end corruption" are the ones looking the other way.

Teddy Roosevelt is rolling in his grave right now.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

100% for "common sense" government oversight and regulations. The issue I have is/are the pork and kickbacks that these people who claim that they're out to "help the common man" and "end corruption" are the ones looking the other way.

Teddy Roosevelt is rolling in his grave right now.

Yeah I’m talking about legislation meant to serve the public, not BS policy to further line pockets.  

And this isn’t a partisan issue, both parties are responsible for this. But it’s not gonna stop until both bases hold their representatives accountable for **** like this. 

25 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah I’m talking about legislation meant to serve the public, not BS policy to further line pockets.  

And this isn’t a partisan issue, both parties are responsible for this. But it’s not gonna stop until both bases hold their representatives accountable for **** like this. 

The issue is, those reps only have to answer to their specific voting block demographic, which is some type of generally small area within said state or locality, and as long as they appease that block, nothing else really matters...you know, unless there are term and/or age limits for elected officials at the state and federal levels.

Then we'll actually have people accomplishing real change with real time constraints as opposed to starting re-election campaigns before we're halfway done with a term.