Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

23 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

@Dawgpoun8017 what are your thoughts on Jim Boeheim being forced out?

It’s weird because he IS that program. If somebody mentions Syracuse basketball I think of him and Melo.

I realize I’m not @Dawgpoun8017, but I’m never short on opinions lol 

He’s old af and the last couple seasons haven’t ended like a program like Syracuse would expect.  At some point it’s not unreasonable to expect a guy to step down gracefully or be shown the door.

18 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I realize I’m not @Dawgpoun8017, but I’m never short on opinions lol 

He’s old af and the last couple seasons haven’t ended like a program like Syracuse would expect.  At some point it’s not unreasonable to expect a guy to step down gracefully or be shown the door.

At least he groomed his successor in Adrian Autry.

Just now, sdrawkcab321 said:

Only 1 title in all that time coaching and it was all because of melo. Kinda overrated. 

I just don’t think of Syracuse as having the resources to be a powerhouse.

However, you’re still right. He needs to build a shrine dedicated to Melo for that title he won.

47 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

@Dawgpoun8017 what are your thoughts on Jim Boeheim being forced out?

It’s weird because he IS that program. If somebody mentions Syracuse basketball I think of him and Melo.

It’s time, yes he is Syracuse basketball, the game has passed him by with the emphasis on 3 point shooting in basketball today (🤮🤮🤮) the 2-3 zone doesn’t have the same effect or allure as it used to, and to be honest while he never pulled top top recruits (minus Carmelo) he was always able to recruit kids who fit their systems and the zone and just made it work, when Syracuse was good they always had a not great but formidable big man people like Craig forth, arinze Onauaku, fab melo, rakeem Christmas ( MJ’s son in law btw) and ever since Bernie fine left the program we really have lacked in developing those big men. NIL has also hurt him because while Syracuse has Adamn Weitsman we really lack an alumni force that can put forth the NIL deals that the top programs are putting out there, which imo is why you saw guys like Coach K at Duke and Jay Wright at Villanova retired 

3 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

There’s only 3 guys I will always remember carrying their team to a national championship by themselves:

1. Melo at Syracuse

2. Kemba at UCONN

3. Cam at Auburn 

Didn’t Hakim Warrick block that shot though? He was a first rounder I believe.

2 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

There’s only 3 guys I will always remember carrying their team to a national championship by themselves:

1. Melo at Syracuse

2. Kemba at UCONN

3. Cam at Auburn 

Cam deserved every dollar he got from auburn. They haven’t done a damn thing since him. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Didn’t Hakim Warrick block that shot though? He was a first rounder I believe.

Yes

But that’s like me mentioning Cam had Nick Fairley dominating on that defense and Kemba Walker had Jeremy Lamb shutting dudes down on the perimeter.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Cam deserved every dollar he got from auburn. They haven’t done a damn thing since him. 

Urban played Tim Tebow over him and JT Barrett over Burrow. Speaking of overrated coaches.

• Like 1