Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

4 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

once again Columbus gets all the good things. Cleveland left with scraps. 

When one of the biggest universities in the world is there, with the biggest alumni with the deepest pockets, and a great academic school at that with a lot of post graduate programs, including research, that’s why/what happens.

5 hours ago, MWil23 said:

When one of the biggest universities in the world is there, with the biggest alumni with the deepest pockets, and a great academic school at that with a lot of post graduate programs, including research, that’s why/what happens.

Tri c need to up their game to compete 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Also, idgaf what anybody says-

If the Browns ever left Cleveland it needs to be to Columbus.

That would be the logical spot. But I don’t see a reason why they’d leave. It’s not like they have a lack of support in Cleveland. 

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

That would be the logical spot. But I don’t see a reason why they’d leave. It’s not like they have a lack of support in Cleveland. 

Or a broke owner 

9 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I think jimmy is one of the more wealthy owners

One of the top reasons he who shall not be named moved the Browns was because he was going broke (keeping up with NFL owners not common person broke). He thought the move would stop him from losing the team or needing to sell the team. Well he was wrong. 

This Alabama Baseball scandal is absolutely WILD. Dude who placed a large bet on a regular season game against LSU (at Great American Ballpark no less, shout out to the Queen City), was corresponding with the 'Bama HC in real time, who informed the guy (allegedly) that his Ace pitcher was a scratch.

Dude is a straight up moron.

• Like 1

On 5/4/2023 at 3:26 PM, candyman93 said:

Surprised about FarmVille Lancaster, but not Columbus.

Cleveland also lost out on Amazon a few years ago if Im not mistaken. What is holding them back in terms of companies willing to move to Cleveland. I understand picking Columbus over Cleveland but eventually CLE has to win some of these companies business.

Then again, Im not surprised that the city whose government refuses to build on lakefront property has no clue about how to attract new jobs/growth.

2 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Cleveland also lost out on Amazon a few years ago if Im not mistaken. What is holding them back in terms of companies willing to move to Cleveland. I understand picking Columbus over Cleveland but eventually CLE has to win some of these companies business.

Then again, Im not surprised that the city whose government refuses to build on lakefront property has no clue about how to attract new jobs/growth.

Yes I do believe that they lost out to NYC for an Amazon hub, to which AOC quickly chased out of town

1 hour ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

Yes I do believe that they lost out to NYC for an Amazon hub, to which AOC quickly chased out of town

I can’t imagine looking at that situation and thinking she was wrong for objecting to 3.5 billion dollars worth of financial benefits to what was (I believe) the most valuable company in the world at the time.

It was literally the corporate welfare we all ***** and moan about.

An interesting article about it if you’re interested.

https://www.dataforprogress.org/blog/2020/1/28/why-aoc-was-right-about-hq2

Maybe give those tax break to small businesses that are owned by people in the communities and not mega corporations looking to maximize profits at the expense of taxpayers anywhere and everywhere.  When the guys at the top of the company are the richest people in the world with yachts, mansions, literally everything they want, perhaps it’s time time pay some taxes?  Idk, just my opinion…

On 5/4/2023 at 4:52 AM, MWil23 said:

You mean bigger is better I Love You GIF

• Like 1

NHL draft lottery is tonight.

Blue Jackets will be worth watching if they get the #1 pick and land Bedard he’s a “franchise changer.” He was basically give Lebron type of hype at age 14.

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/37475395/connor-bedard-no-1-pick-nhl-draft-next-hockey-superstar 

Fantilli would be fantastic #2 prize.

https://www.tankathon.com/nhl/pick_odds

Edited by candyman93