Who should be shipped out next?

Humble_Beast

2 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Gabe Jackson and Osemele should be next. They simply don't fit zone blocking. 

They are being paid alot of money but they are also good to great players and have been together with Hudson now for a few years. There is something to be said for continuity and rapport. Now the fact that they are best in PBS and Cable is known for Zone is of concern but I think I remember Gruden and Cable both saying that they will run multiply systems. And now that Lynch is out and we will be looking at using the smaller guys I wonder what would be the best system for them?

I also wonder if we may make a move to bring in a RB?

54 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Mask his flaws? Hahahaha. Every quarterback in the league worth their salt has protection and weapons. That's not masking flaws. That's giving them a chance.

What's more, he is averaging a good YPA this year, but that doesn't fit your agenda because he sucks right?

Carr needs an elite OL? What a joke. He's always gotten the ball out quick to help his guys look better. You just can't make two injured rookie tackles and jon freakin feliciano look good. They've played like garbage the past 2 weeks.

And now you're discrediting his 2016 season when he carried us because he had protection and targets?

I don't know what reality you live in, but it's hilarious. As is you thinking Gruden can take "fitztrash" as @Frankie2Gunz called him and making him Gannon, or even better than Carr is right now.

Carr averages 6.6 YPA his career, 33rd among QBs over the past 5 years. Also one of the worst YPA in history over a 5 year stretch. 

QBs under a 8 YPA hardly win a SB, and under 7? Lol. 

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Carr averages 6.6 YPA his career, 33rd among QBs over the past 5 years. Also one of the worst YPA in history over a 5 year stretch. 

Averaging 7.65 YPA this year.....

On topic though: Irvin. Dude shoulda been released to make room for Mack looooong ago

5 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

More mind-numbingly bad analysis.

Carr's YPA is 16th right now after the horrendous OL collapse. It was top 10 in the league before that. Before the Chargers game, where the OL was intact, he was top 5 in yards per game and in completion percentage too.  Funny, I don't remember you bringing up his YPA in 2016 as a reason why we should trade him.

You're also including a rookie year where Olsen designed tons of checkdowns in a historically poor offense where he averaged 5.5 YPA. If you remove that year, his YPA is fine.

Or that he's still 11th all time in touchdown to interception ratio. But only YPA is important right?

Or that Brady has a lower YPA than him this year. But he hasn't won a superbowl right?

Analysis like this is why I'm ashamed to root for the same team as other fans. You can't even find good arguments to pick apart Carr. You just cherrypick garbage without context.

10 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Analysis like this is why I'm ashamed to root for the same team as other fans. You can't even find good arguments to pick apart Carr. You just cherrypick garbage without context.

Ehhhh harsh, though everyone is harsh with how this season has gone so far. I think a lot of fans are looking for someone to blame. And I'm sure you would agree Carr has simply made some horrendous decisions at the worst possible times this season. There is a game or 2 we might've pulled out had he not thrown bonehead picks for sure. But I don't think that means throw the baby out with the bathwater either. Pass pro has been trash and no run game because we decided to go full ZBS even with KO/Gabe around (I see you @Humble_Beast). Defense can't make a stop (some genius threw away a former DPOY right before the season) so he presses to try and make something happen.

Its toxic for a QB to go through that situation and can completely alter their mindset. Its perfectly possible Carr becomes broken or even IS broken already....but I doubt we'd know by now. He didn't look at all like 2016 Carr in 2017, granted the whole offense was garbage. But I can understand some of the criticisms and not all of it is baseless. Personally, I disagree with trading him this year and think we should give him one more shot next year. Gruden has to help the guy out like he said he would. Football is a team sport. People like to forget that when it comes to the QB.

5 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

You're still trotting out those YPA stat like that is proof he isn't a good QB or should be traded. It isn't.

Foles in 2017 - 5.5

Manning in 2015  - 6.8

Brady in 2014 - 7.1

Carr's avg is being dragged down by his rookie year (5.5) where he was thrown to the wolves on a terrible team.

34 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Ehhhh harsh, though everyone is harsh with how this season has gone so far. I think a lot of fans are looking for someone to blame. And I'm sure you would agree Carr has simply made some horrendous decisions at the worst possible times this season. There is a game or 2 we might've pulled out had he not thrown bonehead picks for sure. But I don't think that means throw the baby out with the bathwater either. Pass pro has been trash and no run game because we decided to go full ZBS even with KO/Gabe around (I see you @Humble_Beast). Defense can't make a stop (some genius threw away a former DPOY right before the season) so he presses to try and make something happen.

Its toxic for a QB to go through that situation and can completely alter their mindset. Its perfectly possible Carr becomes broken or even IS broken already....but I doubt we'd know by now. He didn't look at all like 2016 Carr in 2017, granted the whole offense was garbage. But I can understand some of the criticisms and not all of it is baseless. Personally, I disagree with trading him this year and think we should give him one more shot next year. Gruden has to help the guy out like he said he would. Football is a team sport. People like to forget that when it comes to the QB.

100% agree. I feel like Carr is being expected to win us games despite the fact that our roster is woefully devoid of talent. And since the preseason, he's now lost our best defensive player, his best wide receiver, and his starting RB. And our line was bad but they were straight up trash without KO. Carr cant do everything, especially when he's learning the system still like everyone else is.

I agree that we need to add talent thru FA and the draft in the offseason and give him next year. Its not like we're in a make or break playoff window this year or next. Analyze him this year, give him another offseason in the system, and improve the roster. If he fails next year, we get another high pick, trade him, and use our draft assets to try for another QBOTF

Archived