Sign in to follow this  
Humble_Beast

Who should be shipped out next?

1 hour ago, NightTrainLane said:

You're still trotting out those YPA stat like that is proof he isn't a good QB or should be traded. It isn't.

Foles in 2017 - 5.5

Manning in 2015  - 6.8

Brady in 2014 - 7.1

Carr's avg is being dragged down by his rookie year (5.5) where he was thrown to the wolves on a terrible team.

What the heck does thismprove? Manning was the worst QB in the league in 2015 and Foles is terrible in general. 

Ahh now I see, Super Bowl wins under 7 YPA.

2015 Broncos D Top 10 D all time and 2017 Eagle D absolutely elite. You’re not getting an Elite D with Carr cause you still have to put a stacked offense around him to excel. 

Edited by BayRaider

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

What the heck does thismprove? Manning was the worst QB in the league in 2015 and Foles is terrible in general. 

A desperate hold on a lie. The step of faith does not work for WWI shellshocked Derek Carr. It’s sad to see him this way but his past from Fresno and the genetic line of deer in the head lights has followed him fully and it’s just plain as day. I was a defender of Carr but he is not the future. Wonder why he fell to round 2. We are seeing it. He isn’t Aaron Rodgers. He cannot operate unless he has no pressure. He almost rarely extends plays he won’t let plays develop. It’s sad but true. He is done here hopefully we get more 1sts

7 minutes ago, Gannon12 said:

A desperate hold on a lie. The step of faith does not work for WWI shellshocked Derek Carr. It’s sad to see him this way but his past from Fresno and the genetic line of deer in the head lights has followed him fully and it’s just plain as day. I was a defender of Carr but he is not the future. Wonder why he fell to round 2. We are seeing it. He isn’t Aaron Rodgers. He cannot operate unless he has no pressure. He almost rarely extends plays he won’t let plays develop. It’s sad but true. He is done here hopefully we get more 1sts

If people wanna say they wanna keep Carr, or give him 2019 to prove himself, cool. But they are being completely close minded about it and acting like he is our QBOTF no matter what. I’m glad this forum has become way more open minded lately though. 

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

If people wanna say they wanna keep Carr, or give him 2019 to prove himself, cool. But they are being completely close minded about it and acting like he is our QBOTF no matter what. I’m glad this forum has become way more open minded lately though. 

I have eye balls. this dude is toast and no Raider magic dust will make me unseen what I have seen. We need to find the future and unfortunately it isn’t Carr 

2 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

K

I’m open to either, if we give Carr 2019 to prove himself then that’s fine with me. Also fine with trading him. However, you have to admit, there a couple on here that can’t even wrap their brains around the idea and of ever ditching Carr no matter what it sounds like. 

Edited by BayRaider

Just now, BayRaider said:

I’m open to either, if we give Carr 2019 to prove himself then that’s fine with me. Also fine with trading him. However, you have to sdmit, there a couple on here that can’t even wrap their brains around the idea and of ever ditching Carr no matter what it sounds like. 

I'm confused. Your post before this said giving him 2019 is being closed-minded. Or is that not what you meant? I think he deserves another year, but he's on thin ice. Who knows, maybe he'll bounce back this year still. Doesn't look likely at the moment, but possible

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I’m open to either, if we give Carr 2019 to prove himself then that’s fine with me. Also fine with trading him. However, you have to admit, there a couple on here that can’t even wrap their brains around the idea and of ever ditching Carr no matter what it sounds like. 

I’m in the same boat but I don’t believe he is the future. We just switch (what was working on OL) our entire blocking scheme it’s a flashback for us but Carr has no way to improvise the situation. I don’t trust him leading the way but I will wait n see. It’s all we got since this & next year are turds in the toilet 

9 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

I'm confused. Your post before this said giving him 2019 is being closed-minded. Or is that not what you meant? I think he deserves another year, but he's on thin ice. Who knows, maybe he'll bounce back this year still. Doesn't look likely at the moment, but possible

I’m open to giving him 2019 if he performs well the rest of the year, but I think a 1st Round Pick is also an absolute no brainer if we get offered one. 

Like I’ve said many times, Carr is a QB that can only do well with a talented offense. I think he’d be solid on the NYG and get them a wildcard berth. We won’t have a talented offense for a while and I’d rather have a talented defense. I’d like a QB that can elevate an average talented offense if necessary. Not a QB that is elevated by a talented offense. 

Edited by BayRaider

Can’t pass on a first+ for Carr it’s gold hidden if used correctly 

30 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I’m open to giving him 2019 if he performs well the rest of the year, but I think a 1st Round Pick is also an absolute no brainer if we get offered one. 

Like I’ve said many times, Carr is a QB that can only do well with a talented offense. I think he’d be solid on the NYG and get them a wildcard berth. We won’t have a talented offense for a while and I’d rather have a talented defense. I’d like a QB that can elevate an average talented offense if necessary. Not a QB that is elevated by a talented offense. 

Yes a no brainer. Like all the qb busts that have been drafted over the years.

1 hour ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

I mean... that was as bbad a look in professional sports as you can have. If the narrative is you're soft and you hate pressure, you just doubled down on that by crying and being picked up out of the dirt. It was as sad to see and encapsulated how Raider Nation feels. 

We all better hope that Carr turns it around, because his future here looks grim and his trade value is all time low