Who should be shipped out next?

Humble_Beast

7 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I mean... that was as bbad a look in professional sports as you can have. If the narrative is you're soft and you hate pressure, you just doubled down on that by crying and being picked up out of the dirt. It was as sad to see and encapsulated how Raider Nation feels. 

We all better hope that Carr turns it around, because his future here looks grim and his trade value is all time low

The article was blatantly biased lol. It started by calling the Raiders an ex showing up in Oakland’s lawn and Vegas needing to come pick them up. The guy who wrote Steph Curry books was the author. He’s a good writer but the bias was excruciatingly apparent 

I dont buy anyone saying Carr is losing lockerroom respect. Say what you will about how its affected him as a passer but dude has gotten the hell beat out of him for awhile now and never once used it as an excuse. Broke a bone in his back and had to be told he wasnt playing by the coaches. Players may be fruatrated with his conservative play but to say hes lost the lockerroom cuz he's soft is asinine. Dude takes a beating and only sits out when the coaches take his helmet away. Guys respect a guy like that, especially in a league where QBs flop and are constantly babied and pandered to.

2 hours ago, riceman80 said:

I dont buy anyone saying Carr is losing lockerroom respect. Say what you will about how its affected him as a passer but dude has gotten the hell beat out of him for awhile now and never once used it as an excuse. Broke a bone in his back and had to be told he wasnt playing by the coaches. Players may be fruatrated with his conservative play but to say hes lost the lockerroom cuz he's soft is asinine. Dude takes a beating and only sits out when the coaches take his helmet away. Guys respect a guy like that, especially in a league where QBs flop and are constantly babied and pandered to.

I don’t think Carr has lost respect at all, Gruden is leaking things and I think he wants to trade Carr without much backlash. I agree with trading Carr, just throwing him under the bus to avoid the backlash though. 

What Gruden told Carr

"There's some interior offensive linemen there that are going to be there, and Jon has made it clear to Derek ... they're gonna build around those guys and make something happen." 

Guards Gabe Jackson and Kelechi Osemele both are younger than 30, as is center Rodney Hudson. The Raiders also drafted tackles Kolton Miller and Brandon Parker in the first and third round, respectively, in April's draft. 

https://sports.yahoo.com/david-carr-jon-gruden-told-012452194.html

2 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

What Gruden told Carr

"There's some interior offensive linemen there that are going to be there, and Jon has made it clear to Derek ... they're gonna build around those guys and make something happen." 

Guards Gabe Jackson and Kelechi Osemele both are younger than 30, as is center Rodney Hudson. The Raiders also drafted tackles Kolton Miller and Brandon Parker in the first and third round, respectively, in April's draft. 

https://sports.yahoo.com/david-carr-jon-gruden-told-012452194.html

This makes me happy if the install more PBS concepts. The strength of our team is still the interior O-line. We dont have pro bowl caliber guys anywhere except those 3. I hope we keep them together. And its apparent that Miller really needs KO while he learns.

51 minutes ago, riceman80 said:

its apparent that Miller really needs KO while he learns.

Yep instant pressure up the middle then instant pocket collapse. KO has been very missed. Carr can’t operate under pressure and with the OL in tact it at least gives Carr a little more time. But I’m not holding my breath for Carr to wow us with out of this world Russell Wilson play. He is a lost puppy with a missing leg

21 minutes ago, Gannon12 said:

Yep instant pressure up the middle then instant pocket collapse. KO has been very missed. Carr can’t operate under pressure and with the OL in tact it at least gives Carr a little more time. But I’m not holding my breath for Carr to wow us with out of this world Russell Wilson play. He is a lost puppy with a missing leg

Agreed. The difference between KO and Feliciano is significant. Feliciano is terrible. 

KO hasn’t been his 16’ self but he is on the elite tier. Our OL back ups for countlesssss years no one will add back up talent. The secondary nd one of our guys goes down it’s like a forfeit. Investing in the trenches is a must. What if Hudson goes down against n we are going to have a crap *** how are you a pro guy hiking the ball. We need work there. I hope we keep KO

4 hours ago, CerealKiller said:

I really don’t get ditching KJ for a late rounder, when he is healthy why not just actually try him out, if the season is a wash anyway lets just try some stuff. Play some youngins

That's whats frustrating me the most imo. It's very clear this is a lost season. We are tearing this thing apart. Why not see what some young guys actually have evaluate them rather than start veterans we know won't be here next season.

It's annoying, especially given the trade rumours with Joseph and Conley.

13 hours ago, Gannon12 said:

Absolutely amazing how great Russell Wilson has been with such a terrible OL over the years. 2015, 2016, 2017 they ranked 32. This year in the 20’s. He is not rattled by pressure. I want a QB like that. 

7 hours ago, NJ Raider said:

I think cable was brought in because of lynch. With lynch gone next year, no reason to keep cable around

So now what happens to Miller, whose game looks like it fits more with ZBS as he lacks the strength to play PBS. Do we hope he doesn't regress? How will that effect Carr? I know many here are on the get rid of Cable camp however we took some high draft picks  a few months ago. I'm sure the thought was that they'd fit the ZBS scheme that cable runs. Switching schemes isn't very easy and the people you have might not translate. I'm okay with ditching cable but a big reason the Raiders suck is they don't have players that currently fit their schemes. Thats been the story of this team for the last few years because of coaching changes and scheme changes. This is a Frankenstine's Monster of a team.

Archived