Who should be shipped out next?

Humble_Beast

1 hour ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

So you cant be a cerebral game manager?

Cererbral doesn't equal elite either.

A game manager takes what the defense gives them. Cerebral is taking advantage of the defense based on higher intelligence. If you have that kind of smarts and acumen to be considered cerebral, you're not just a game manager.

See Rich Gannon, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, etc...

AJ McCarron, Tyrod Taylor, Trent Dilfer, etc...those are game managers...

Being a game manager means limiting mistakes by playing within your limitations. Being cerebral is an advantage over the defense, not a limitation.

2 hours ago, riceman80 said:

A game manager takes what the defense gives them. Cerebral is taking advantage of the defense based on higher intelligence. If you have that kind of smarts and acumen to be considered cerebral, you're not just a game manager.

See Rich Gannon, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, etc...

AJ McCarron, Tyrod Taylor, Trent Dilfer, etc...those are game managers...

Being a game manager means limiting mistakes by playing within your limitations. Being cerebral is an advantage over the defense, not a limitation.

I disagree with your definitions. 

Just now, BayRaider said:

According to SIS, Carr currently has the 8th best pass protection in football (every team thinks their OL sucks). In 2016 Carr had the 2nd best Pass Protection and two #1 WRs. 

Not sure how SIS gets there rankings (no sarcasm).  I have to wonder if they heavily weight such things as hits/sacks.  Carr has always skewed pass protection stats because he gets rid of the ball so fast after the snap.

14 minutes ago, 101Raider said:

Not sure how SIS gets there rankings (no sarcasm).  I have to wonder if they heavily weight such things as hits/sacks.  Carr has always skewed pass protection stats because he gets rid of the ball so fast after the snap.

Pressures. 

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I'm a Carr apologist for saying it's not all his fault and this organization is dysfunctional? Wow look how far we've come.

Like I said, this fanbase embarrasses me.

Carr definitely has his flaws but this offense would make Brady look bad

3 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I'm a Carr apologist for saying it's not all his fault and this organization is dysfunctional? Wow look how far we've come.

Like I said, this fanbase embarrasses me.

It’s no worse than the term “Gruden Apologists”.

Ahh, a fanbase divided. 

7 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Good luck finding a better quarterback than Carr in the next 2 years. Hint: you won't.

We won’t be winning the Super Bowl in the next 3 years so we have plenty of time to find one. Tua fron Alabama, coming out next year (2020 class), looks miles better prospect than Carr ever was. And a better prospect than any of last years QBs, by far. Including Mayfield. 

8 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Good luck finding a better quarterback than Carr in the next 2 years. Hint: you won't.

This isn't a guarantee. Carr really has to improve in all aspect of his game. If he doesn't get comfortable with pressure and show better pocket presence the second half of the season, I would argue you can in fact find a better QB.

I was all Carr from day 1. Wanted him in the draft despite some concerns. I am concerned finally that he's not the guy. A QB who plays nervous in the pocket and can't handle pressure will fail. KC has had his number in his career. They called out the fact he doesn't handle pressure well and that's proving more and more true each week.

24 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

This isn't a guarantee. Carr really has to improve in all aspect of his game. If he doesn't get comfortable with pressure and show better pocket presence the second half of the season, I would argue you can in fact find a better QB.

I was all Carr from day 1. Wanted him in the draft despite some concerns. I am concerned finally that he's not the guy. A QB who plays nervous in the pocket and can't handle pressure will fail. KC has had his number in his career. They called out the fact he doesn't handle pressure well and that's proving more and more true each week.

Exactly. A QB who has proven over the past 8 years since college that he doesn’t handle pressure well, is suddenly gonna handle pressure well? His OL isn’t even that bad either, there is a lot worse out there and those QBs are performing much better than Carr. 

Edit: An example, Deshaun Watson has one of the worst pass protections in NFL History this year. 45% of snaps he is pressured. He has great pocket presence. One of the reasons Clemson won the national title, Watson is never rattled, always confident, and his pocket presence is great. 

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

He's actually handled the pocket better this year, but sure.

Archived