Is Julio still the #2 WR in the league?

mdonnelly21

2nd Best WR in the league.  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who's the best WR behind AB

Julio is the best WR in the leauge imo.

People don't realize how much he is held back because of Ryan's lack of arm strength. 

He's been open deep for a TD every game this season (twice in the Panthers game) and Ryan hasn't been able to hit him.

Some examples below. 

^^^4:30 of this video. 

In this interview (about 4 mins in) when asked about what QB he'd love to play with he says something along the lines of Culpepper... a QB with a big arm who can throw it and I can go it. 

Also I'm not sure why people unanimously put AB #1. Of all the top WRs he plays in the most advantageous situation by far. He gets to play with a who QB routinely extends plays, feeds him targets on a consistent weekly basis, has the arm strength to make every throw, will force AB the ball when hes double covered, and will pad his stats (ie instead of attempting a hail mary at the end of the half Ben will throw it short to AB). 

What do you think his numbers would look like if he swapped teams with the other elite WRs and vice versa? His stats with Landry Jones leave alot to be desired. 

With that being said Julio, AB, Dhop and OBJ all have an argument to be #1. This era of WRs is elite. 

I don't buy the lack of arm strength argument for Julio. When you're as gifted as him you shouldn't need to rely solely on deep passes to get into the endzone. It doesn't help that Matt Ryan has thrown 15TDs already so everyone else has been getting into the endzone fine.

I think Julio is still the most complete receiver in the league. However, Tyreek Hill is without a doubt the most "dangerous" receiver in the NFL. He's like DeSean at his peak, if you have a QB who can get the ball there he's just, well, gone. Nobody can keep up with him in man coverage.

And yes, Thielen does deserve to be on this list. ;)

17 minutes ago, Nzd07 said:

I think Julio is still the most complete receiver in the league. However, Tyreek Hill is without a doubt the most "dangerous" receiver in the NFL. He's like DeSean at his peak, if you have a QB who can get the ball there he's just, well, gone. Nobody can keep up with him in man coverage.

And yes, Thielen does deserve to be on this list. ;)

Better than peak DeSean, IMO. As quick as DJax was, Hill just gets to his top speed in a blink. Little better with the ball in his hands, little better on routes than aren’t a deep post or a 9.

Archived