Is Julio still the #2 WR in the league?

mdonnelly21

2nd Best WR in the league.  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who's the best WR behind AB

On 10/25/2018 at 5:47 PM, Malik said:

Not to look like I'm ragging on Julio, but can anyone else think of a WR as great as Julio in the modern passing era (like roughly the last 35 years or so) that was getting into the endzone as little as Julio has been? Only one I can think of off the top of my head is Michael Irvin but he was playing with a QB who was throwing 10TDs a season.

Andre Johnson.

6 hours ago, Malik said:

Andre Johnson played with Schuab, Case Keenum, and Ryan Fitzpatrick those last 4 years. Steve Smith had JAKE DELHOMME. Far crys from a guy whose peak is an MVP.

So what you're telling me is, outside factors impact TD production?

12 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

or are they mvp qbs because they dont needlessly force the ball to one guy? 

For a team that's only been top 10 in points per game once in the past 6 years (#11 right now), you would think it wouldn't be needless to get TD's off Jones if they could get more.

On 10/27/2018 at 3:19 AM, FourThreeMafia said:

Youre a broken record.

Matt Ryan has one of the best deep accuracy percentages in the league this year.

Ben has missed Brown a ton of times this year and his downfield accuracy has been pretty bad in general.    Ben's chemistry with AB is just starting to return.  Over the first month, it simply wasnt there.

Pad his stats?   Okay....you mean like Matt Ryan throwing to Julio in the 4th quarter while up 3 or 4 scores?   Im not saying that AB has never had his stats padded, but so has Julio.....and acting like thats some substantial part of his stats?    Okay champ...

I said it before and Ill say it again, I dont really care if people put AB in front of Julio....but its pretty clear by now you dont have an intelligent argument since all you do is make excuses for Julio by acting like Matt Ryan is a scrub and discrediting AB any way you can.   Its embarrassing.

i dont see hin "discrediting brown anyway he can" but he does have a weird thing against ryan.  ryan isnt a detriment to jones, we see him hit deep paases to other guys, heck, weve seen him hit jones. curiousnto see when ryan is passing to jones up 4 scores in the 4th though, any specific examples of that?

the falcons arent going to force the ball to julio just because, its always been that way... in ryans mvp year he had tds to a crazy # of guys. brown has been elite for a while but solely based on this year he hasnt been the same guy. he can go crazy and be right back at the top though. hopkins, julio and thielen would be my top 3 thud far this year.

4 minutes ago, TXsteeler said:

For a team that's only been top 10 in points per game once in the past 6 years (#11 right now), you would think it wouldn't be needless to get TD's off Jones if they could get more.

not realing who that would work... theres no magic button that lets you score every possesion but they are 6th in redzone td%, which includes the awful philly performance. theyre doing just fine scoring tds.

59 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

i dont see hin "discrediting brown anyway he can" but he does have a weird thing against ryan.  ryan isnt a detriment to jones, we see him hit deep paases to other guys, heck, weve seen him hit jones. curiousnto see when ryan is passing to jones up 4 scores in the 4th though, any specific examples of that?

the falcons arent going to force the ball to julio just because, its always been that way... in ryans mvp year he had tds to a crazy # of guys. brown has been elite for a while but solely based on this year he hasnt been the same guy. he can go crazy and be right back at the top though. hopkins, julio and thielen would be my top 3 thud far this year.

What weird thing do I have against Ryan? Cause I don't think hes elite? I've backed him up time and time again on the general board. 

You seem to lack objectivity when it comes to him. Just like the gdt week 1, saying his deep ball to Julio was a near perfect throw lol. 

Lastly while Ryan is wayyy more of a positive than a negative to Julio his lack of arm strength and deep ball is a detriment to Julio's deep game. It's been clearly evident this season and it isn't debatable.

59 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

not realing who that would work... theres no magic button that lets you score every possesion but they are 6th in redzone td%, which includes the awful philly performance. theyre doing just fine scoring tds.

That's not what I said, but you said that they essentially have no need to get TDs from Jones but that they could if they wanted to. Even if they are scoring at a very high% in the redzone, you would think that Jones should have a relatively even % of his team's passing TDs, but does he?

35 minutes ago, TXsteeler said:

That's not what I said, but you said that they essentially have no need to get TDs from Jones but that they could if they wanted to. Even if they are scoring at a very high% in the redzone, you would think that Jones should have a relatively even % of his team's passing TDs, but does he?

why would one of the best weapoons in the league be covered the same as ridley or hooper or ito smith? julios not gonna be force fed the ball in the red zone, and we're doing pretty well at scoring tds in the redzone. why change it?

39 minutes ago, jarren said:

What weird thing do I have against Ryan? Cause I don't think hes elite? I've backed him up time and time again on the general board. 

You seem to lack objectivity when it comes to him. Just like the gdt week 1, saying his deep ball to Julio was a near perfect throw lol. 

Lastly while Ryan is wayyy more of a positive than a negative to Julio his lack of arm strength and deep ball is a detriment to Julio's deep game. It's been clearly evident this season and it isn't debatable.

cool story, if it isnt debatable with you i wont even bither then.

The "best WR in the NFL" shouldn't only be a threat to score from the deep ball. That's all people are saying. It's something you expect from 3rd WR who is a speedster not someone with excellent all round talent and is the ideal WR size. 

1 hour ago, Malik said:

The "best WR in the NFL" shouldn't only be a threat to score from the deep ball. That's all people are saying. It's something you expect from 3rd WR who is a speedster not someone with excellent all round talent and is the ideal WR size. 

He's a threat to score in the redzone hence his ability to attract multiple defenders, which sets up easy TDs for his teamates and leads Atlanta to elite redzone numbers. 

If he sucks at scoring in the redzone wouldn't teams just single him up then?

1 hour ago, Malik said:

who in the world thinks julio can only score from the deep ball, please point them out for ridicule. loke who thinks the guy can sepation everywhere else on the field but when he gets to the redzone he forgets how to run routes?

On 10/24/2018 at 9:40 PM, Malik said:

I don't buy the lack of arm strength argument for Julio. When you're as gifted as him you shouldn't need to rely solely on deep passes to get into the endzone. It doesn't help that Matt Ryan has thrown 15TDs already so everyone else has been getting into the endzone fine.

And why is that rookie Calvin Ridley and veteran Mo Sanu can adjust to the "lack of arm strength" from Ryan?

Archived