Week 8: New York Giants GDT

Ghostnote

I’m with you! 5-2 and after next week 6-2!

Always better to plan when things are going good. Time to start planning ahead- we need to dial back mvp ap just a bit so he’s available for playoffs. Get him some relief. Having three active RBs today when two were hurt coming in is CRAZY. We need to sign or trade for a quality nfl running back who doesn’t fumble and get him 8-10 carries a game 

3 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Just said on the radio. The OL for the Skins in 92 gave up 7 sacks all season. Giants line gave up that today alone.

As I have said multiple times, Rypien could have had tea with the Queen of England in that backfield, excused himself from the table, and hit one of the Posse streaking down the field.

(But it was 91)

Hey. When was the last time.....

-they started 5-2

-started 2-0 in the division

-running the ball against that D just isn’t happening 

-they’ve been this healthy at the halfway point of the season

Yes, the offense has to pick it up a bit especially through the air but which team isn’t flawed?  

Going forward, I’m still crying for a kick returner/gadget player because they have to find a way to get some cheap scores. I’d love to bring in a fullback because now Gruden is starting to get a little cute on short yardage calls and that’s only going to lead to more ugly. Bottom line is any of us would have gladly signed for 5-2

32 minutes ago, Doc Draper said:

I’m with you! 5-2 and after next week 6-2!

Always better to plan when things are going good. Time to start planning ahead- we need to dial back mvp ap just a bit so he’s available for playoffs. Get him some relief. Having three active RBs today when two were hurt coming in is CRAZY. We need to sign or trade for a quality nfl running back who doesn’t fumble and get him 8-10 carries a game 

We need another running back? Huh

11 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

We need another running back? Huh

I think we do. Peterson has been great no doubt but 27 touches today is a heck of a lot. Thompson seemed to still be nicked up and Bibbs was nowhere to be found. There’s still a long way to go they have to find a way to lighten the load a bit 

1 hour ago, Woz said:

As I have said multiple times, Rypien could have had tea with the Queen of England in that backfield, excused himself from the table, and hit one of the Posse streaking down the field.

(But it was 91)

And for us oldtimers who watched that season, Rypien was NOT a mobile QB. So that stat is almost entirely deserved by the OL

Archived