? Week 8: Bucs (3-3) @ Bengals (4-3)

bucsfan333

3 hours ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

fitz went for 400 and 3 TDs

wouldnt call that stinking it up

his stinker game in chicago against the number 1 D

3 INTs though. 

I suspect your assessment would differ if another QB on the roster did that...

3 hours ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

disgusting i'd rather have winston than Kap 

Why? Kaep has taken a team to the Super Bowl and has the athletic ability to be a threat scrambling when the pass pro inevitably breaks down.

He’s also available now.

5 hours ago, Buc Ball said:

Why? Kaep has taken a team to the Super Bowl and has the athletic ability to be a threat scrambling when the pass pro inevitably breaks down.

He’s also available now.

Not getting into politics but Elway came out and offered Kap a contract. He turned it down. Whether or not we knew what the offer was, he’s more interested in his suit against the league. 

I honestly don’t think his heart is into football right now. 

I take PFT with a grain of salt but I really wonder what’s going on in the owners minds as they meet with Licht and Koetter. Winston gets injured and we significantly screw this team in term of cap hit and possible coaching search next year as we’d be tied to Jameis.

49 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

I take PFT with a grain of salt but I really wonder what’s going on in the owners minds as they meet with Licht and Koetter. Winston gets injured and we significantly screw this team in term of cap hit and possible coaching search next year as we’d be tied to Jameis.

Even with his $20M next year, we can still end up with ~$30M in cap space. We've got some dead weight to cut anyway. And DJax's contract isn't guaranteed.

Cutting him just takes us up to ~$50M. Which would give us more than enough to pay DeMarcus Lawrence. But I don't really know where else we'd spend that kind of money. We might fall back into being one of the teams with the most cap space again.

7 hours ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Not getting into politics but Elway came out and offered Kap a contract. He turned it down. Whether or not we knew what the offer was, he’s more interested in his suit against the league. 

I honestly don’t think his heart is into football right now. 

Bingo. Kaep is making too much money playing the "NFL punished me for taking a stance in my beliefs"
His book, his Nike campaign, his lawsuit and anything else he has going in that field.
That all goes away the second he gets signed. Not the best move for him.

Also people romanticize the Kap that took the 49ers to the superbowl. What they don't remember is how bad he become once Jim Harbaugh packed his bags and left to Michigan. He was a product of a specifc system. Once he started playing for other coaches, he lost his starting job to Blaine freaking Gabbert. Even if he does not turn over the ball like Winston, Kap is not the answer. It's like putting a band aid on a wound that needs stitches.

8 minutes ago, Calibucsfan said:

Bingo. Kaep is making too much money playing the "NFL punished me for taking a stance in my beliefs"
His book, his Nike campaign, his lawsuit and anything else he has going in that field.
That all goes away the second he gets signed. Not the best move for him.

Also people romanticize the Kap that took the 49ers to the superbowl. What they don't remember is how bad he become once Jim Harbaugh packed his bags and left to Michigan. He was a product of a specifc system. Once he started playing for other coaches, he lost his starting job to Blaine freaking Gabbert. Even if he does not turn over the ball like Winston, Kap is not the answer. It's like putting a band aid on a wound that needs stitches.

Haven't put too much thought into Kap but imagine if Glazers go get Harbaugh and Kap?

Archived