? Week 8: Bucs (3-3) @ Bengals (4-3)

bucsfan333

The battle of two of the worst defenses in the league. Should be another fun one.

I expect Atkins to destroy our rotation at RG. And Burfict is always a risk to take someone's head off. But our WRs match up really well and their run defense is awful, giving up almost five yards per carry.

Dalton is an enigma like Jameis. If good Dalton shows up, we're gonna have to score 40 to win this. If bad Dalton shows up, 24ish should do it. Mixon is pretty good too. If we can't control the LOS like we have so far, he can go off.

Discuss.

Revenge game for Mark Duffner for being fired some 15 years ago.  I m sure he is going to game plan extra for this one.  ???  Taylor goes to the Mike, expect Lavonte to call the plays.  Hopefully, Whitehead can play a full game because Johnson looks like he is very scared to get beat deep and is playing too deep.  

What s the plan at RG?  Could be a lot of sighs on Sunday if the plan remains the same at the position.  It was nice to see the defense actually help in the victory.  Sunday was a weird day where other defenses gave up leads in the 4th quarter and lost.  The Bucs D bent (didn't help with ST- Nate Kaczor I wouldn't feel confident about my job security) in the 4th, but shut the door in OT.   Let s seem them build off of it.  

5 hours ago, indifference said:

Winnable game. Bucs can’t afford to turn the ball over though. On the road against a team that has a good offense they will put up points.  

Benenoch benched by second half. Atkins may have 3-4 this game himself.

A lot of people whine on here about our OLine but I’ve watched games with a lot worse. Texans chiefs are pretty bad in pass pro. Their young QBs do a better job manauevering in the pocket and have better footwork and awareness. 

We need to win the turnover battle for once. Continuing to lose it is a recipe for bad success. Bucs were lucky the browns were worse. 

Defensively im excited to see lavonte wear the MIKE again. I think he balls out and the defense gets on track. 

4 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

A lot of people whine on here about our OLine but I’ve watched games with a lot worse. Texans chiefs are pretty bad in pass pro. Their young QBs do a better job manauevering in the pocket and have better footwork and awareness. 

We need to win the turnover battle for once. Continuing to lose it is a recipe for bad success. Bucs were lucky the browns were worse. 

Defensively im excited to see lavonte wear the MIKE again. I think he balls out and the defense gets on track. 

Chiefs have a bad OL? I wouldn’t think so. Texans are terrible though. Benenoch is literally the worst G in the NFL though according to PFF. I’m not sure if the Texans have an individual starter that bad. 

2 minutes ago, indifference said:

Chiefs have a bad OL? I wouldn’t think so. Texans are terrible though. Benenoch is literally the worst G in the NFL though according to PFF. I’m not sure if the Texans have an individual starter that bad. 

Mahomes gets a lot of pressure. By no means is the chiefs line outstanding. I watch our line and it has its moments but teams put so much emphasis on the pass rush it’s hard to put together an elite line. Every OL has its weak link. RG is ours. 

2 hours ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Mahomes gets a lot of pressure. By no means is the chiefs line outstanding. I watch our line and it has its moments but teams put so much emphasis on the pass rush it’s hard to put together an elite line. Every OL has its weak link. RG is ours. 

do they have 1 of the worst starting players in the NFL though. You can make things work with C+ caliber guys. I think they fall in that category. Hence their run game

5 hours ago, indifference said:

do they have 1 of the worst starting players in the NFL though. You can make things work with C+ caliber guys. I think they fall in that category. Hence their run game

Yeah they’re solid in run blocking from the games ive seen (4). Hunt is just a beast though. He doesn’t go down on inital contact. Wonder why Jason Licht passed on him twice? Lol 

yeah bennoch is awful but Seattle’s and Houston’s lines have overall far worse. We’re talking about one guy here. Who rotates and isn’t even in 100% of the snaps 

Archived