? Week 8: Bucs (3-3) @ Bengals (4-3)

bucsfan333

14 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Qbs who throw picks / turn the ball over get coaches fired. 

That coach we hire may say he’s got a year to turn him around Bc we picked up the option. But they shouldn’t be tied to Jameis 

Agreed, and that unfortunately is the biggest indictment of Kotter as this was why he was hired

7 minutes ago, Buc Ball said:

Koetter’s offence is one of the most complex in the NFL and involves a lot of option routes and unusual routes, like corner stops.

I do wonder how sustainable it is, but a change in player caller has made it really catch on fire. I don’t think it’s the most QB friendly system, but when it’s executed well, it’ll put up huge numbers.

I think we’re resigned to a house cleaning at this stage, but I don’t think there’s any obvious candidates to replace Licht, Koetter etc.

It also puts the QB in peril to take a lot of shots. Almost all the NFL is throwing the ball on average less then 7 yds in the air, but not this offense.    And I agree there are no obvious candidates.  It s frustrating because Koetter is responsible for the whole team s performance and that has been lacking for 2 years.  Who the hell signs off on an oline rotation for 2 years in a row, and this is considered quality coaching.

Just now, SappDaddyDance said:

That loss is 100 percent on Winston. He looked like he forgot how to see the field. I mean this is the second game in a row where he threw the ball directly at the defender. And he was too skitish in the pocket. This was one of those games that really pushes you off the Winston Wagon.

He was terrible. We still had a chance to push it to overtime at the end though and the defence choked it away.

I’m a believer in situational football, so when we tied it up, everything that came before it is irrelevant. The defence needed a stop, didn’t get it and we lost.

Now, if we’re talking about reasons we were in that position, Winston all the way, but if we’re talking about situation, we didn’t perform when we needed a stop and that cost us.

5 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

It also puts the QB in peril to take a lot of shots. Almost all the NFL is throwing the ball on average less then 7 yds in the air, but not this offense.    And I agree there are no obvious candidates.  It s frustrating because Koetter is responsible for the whole team s performance and that has been lacking for 2 years.  Who the hell signs off on an oline rotation for 2 years in a row, and this is considered quality coaching.

We’re putting a gunslinger with turnover issues into an offence that requires a QB to take chances and fit balls through tight windows. Add in that we’ve no running game to speak of and the oline leaks a lot of pressure.

Thats not a recipe for success. 

I know people like to knock this defense but they have played a lot better today compared to earlier in the season. In the 2nd half they shutdown that CIN offense outside of that last drive that lead to the FG. Think there was like 3 or 4 straight 3 and outs there in the 2nd half. I really like what I am seeing out of MJ, Carlton, and Jordan Whitehead. They are rookies and will have growing pains but I think they can be at least solid players. 

7 minutes ago, Buc Ball said:

We’re putting a gunslinger with turnover issues into an offence that requires a QB to take chances and fit balls through tight windows. Add in that we’ve no running game to speak of and the oline leaks a lot of pressure.

Thats not a recipe for success. 

It s a great offense when you 're behind behind because most defenses play zone and don't blitz being ahead. This team is the perfect storm because they 're defense doesn't create turnovers or stops drives in the red zone.  Pretty much going to be behind a lot.

The defense sucks.  There is no silver lining for playing a half decent.

14 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

One of the most frustrating things for me is seeing that we are wasting another top players career in Mike Evans. We better get it right with this next regime cuz I’m tired of wasting talent. There is a reason Megatron retired early.

Yea I was thinking this too...  But most of our players are pretty young on offense so I think he will probably be in the later part of his prime.

9 minutes ago, Jimmy Austin said:

I know people like to knock this defense but they have played a lot better today compared to earlier in the season. In the 2nd half they shutdown that CIN offense outside of that last drive that lead to the FG. Think there was like 3 or 4 straight 3 and outs there in the 2nd half. I really like what I am seeing out of MJ, Carlton, and Jordan Whitehead. They are rookies and will have growing pains but I think they can be at least solid players. 

I like them besides MJ...   I am not sold on him yet but I think he can turn it around though.

Look Derrick Brooks sucked as a LB under Sam Wyche.  Why? Because in that defense he was a SAM LB.  Dungy comes in, rest is history.  The defense sucks because it is some combo of scheme and lack of talent.  To what degree, that s for the next GM to figure out.  It s not an easy answer.

Archived