? Week 8: Bucs (3-3) @ Bengals (4-3)

bucsfan333

6 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

We finna end all the bad streaks this year. Except for kicker.

I hope so.  I really hope Duffner can continue getting the defense to improve.  There was a lot of change last week.  New play caller, MLB gets injured.  Hopefully they settle in and look like a professional defense.  It would be great to see the offense get a short field.

1 minute ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Completion percentage doesn’t measure accuracy. 

i strongly disagree. especially in jameis case when he is averaging air yards/attempt. And yes Im aware of the few spectacular catches our guys make but that probably happens 2-3 game. 

3 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I hope so.  I really hope Duffner can continue getting the defense to improve.  There was a lot of change last week.  New play caller, MLB gets injured.  Hopefully they settle in and look like a professional defense.  It would be great to see the offense get a short field.

Duff said he wants to focus on takeaways. Which would imply tighter coverage. I hope. We can't force turnovers playing off coverage and allowing short passes. So we'll see.

1 minute ago, indifference said:

i strongly disagree. especially in jameis case when he is averaging air yards/attempt. And yes Im aware of the few spectacular catches our guys make but that probably happens 2-3 game. 

His passes so far have been a lot more catchable this year. Except for his deep ball. And we don't run a dink and dunk offense, so he's not completing all those passes on checkdowns.

49 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Duff said he wants to focus on takeaways. Which would imply tighter coverage. I hope. We can't force turnovers playing off coverage and allowing short passes. So we'll see.

Pleasantly surprised they kept Duke Johnson from going crazy last week.  It looked like a competent defense. I think seeing Kwon going down did have an effect on the defense.  I remember when Cadillac hurt his knee again against Oakland, the team was mentally lost.  Heck, they lost to Jamarcus Russell at home with a chance to go to the playoffs.  I m glad Duffner is on the sidelines, I think it will continue to make a difference

47 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

His passes so far have been a lot more catchable this year. Except for his deep ball. And we don't run a dink and dunk offense, so he's not completing all those passes on checkdowns.

He is moving his feet a lot less, which is something I noticed Fitz doing on some reads too. I wonder what Monken has tweaked in the offence, but it struck me as unusual that two QBs are as flat footed in the pocket at times, yet are still able to complete those passes.

It also doesn’t really help with accuracy, unless your feet are already set to where you want to throw, but it doesn’t make sense to do that against an NFL level defence because it’s theoretically an easy read for the DB.

Archived