Derek Carr Off Season Trade?

BayRaider

Just wondering what you guys think of Derek Carr? Eli is obv done and I feel you guys have a talented offense and Eli is the major problem. 

Carr is a solid QB that can excel with a talented offense, see 2016 when he had a great line and two solid receivers. He finished #3 in MVP voting that year. 

Carr is not a QB that can elevate an average offense like the Rodgers, Bradys, Brees, and etc of the world. With a great offense around him though, he can absolutey excel and perform like a Top 5-10 QB. He has an excellent arm and tremendous accuracy all over the field. He has made some mistakes in the red zone this year but we have no line, no weapons, and are tanking. 

I really feel you guys are a QB away and maybe a few defensive pieces away from making the playoffs, where as we know in Giant land, anything is possible.

With Oregon’s Herbert staying in school l, there is literally no QB worth taking in the 1st this upcoming draft. The Raiders are in rebuild mode which will take a few years and I’d rather see Carr go to a good home while we figure things out. Hopefully we can make a trade with you gentlemen in the off season. 

I'm open to the idea of it if the value is there. Teams just don't trade franchise QBs, so if they're really willing to trade him then that says to me he isn't a franchise QB thus I wouldn't give up franchise QB value for him. Probably a single 1st at the absolute most. 

Edit: Also, there are reports that Herbert will stay in school, but that is hearsay at this point. Nothing is definite at this time of year. A lot could change from now until college athletes make their final decisions. Especially if the Giants end up with a top 3 pick - playing in NY with the weapons they have and history of the franchise would be enticing for any QB coming out. 

But to answer your question, I'm open to it.

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Just wondering what you guys think of Derek Carr? Eli is obv done and I feel you guys have a talented offense and Eli is the major problem. 

Carr is a solid QB that can excel with a talented offense, see 2016 when he had a great line and two solid receivers. He finished #3 in MVP voting that year. 

Carr is not a QB that can elevate an average offense like the Rodgers, Bradys, Brees, and etc of the world. With a great offense around him though, he can absolutey excel and perform like a Top 5-10 QB. He has an excellent arm and tremendous accuracy all over the field. He has made some mistakes in the red zone this year but we have no line, no weapons, and are tanking. 

I really feel you guys are a QB away and maybe a few defensive pieces away from making the playoffs, where as we know in Giant land, anything is possible.

With Oregon’s Herbert staying in school l, there is literally no QB worth taking in the 1st this upcoming draft. The Raiders are in rebuild mode which will take a few years and I’d rather see Carr go to a good home while we figure things out. Hopefully we can make a trade with you gentlemen in the off season. 

Forgot to mention he has a crappy deep ball as well

Just now, Acgott said:

Absolutely not. This is not a contending team at all. We don't have money to accept big contracts even if we get out of Eli's.

Gotta disagree. This offense is stacked with skill position players. It needs Oline upgrades and a QB who can dish the ball to his playmakers. Whether Carr is the answer is debatable but we can't waste away the young talented skill position players waiting for Eli to have a renaissance or a stud QB to fall in their lap. If Herbert isn't an option then someone like Carr should be the focus. 

3 minutes ago, Shockey1979 said:

Gotta disagree. This offense is stacked with skill position players. It needs Oline upgrades and a QB who can dish the ball to his playmakers. Whether Carr is the answer is debatable but we can't waste away the young talented skill position players waiting for Eli to have a renaissance or a stud QB to fall in their lap. If Herbert isn't an option then someone like Carr should be the focus. 

Where is this money coming from? We are currently at $19M for next year. Eli's cut will give us 17M to work with. All the veteran cuts and trades we do this year and next is going to hurt our cap badly with the dead money. Derek Carr has a 22.5M cap hit. Yes money can always be created, but it doesn't make sense at all when our team is garbage. Why waste that money on a QB. 2020 is our return, not 2019.

Archived