Week 8: Green Bay Packers @ LA Rams

DistantRam

I keep reading that this is going to be a real test; let’s get one thing straight- Green Bay have got the league’s best quarterback and nothing else. Rien. Nada. Zilch. 

The Pack have been average at best this season: at home, they’ve shut out the Bills (meh), tied with the Vikings and barely squeezed past the Bears (by one point) and Niners (by three).

While their home form has been far from spectacular, their results on the road have been pretty abject: they’ve lost by 14 in Washington and eight in Detroit. Does that look like the form of potential NFC Champions to you? Nope, not to me, either. 

Now, we all know how good Rodgers is. And we also know that football isn’t played on paper and that anything can happen on any given Sunday. But one thing that has stood out with the Rams this year is how the coaching team has kept the players focused through adversity and no matter how “inferior” the opposition. 

As long as we don’t take the Packers lightly, we really should wipe the floor with them. 

All-time head-to-head record: 46-46-2

Last five games: 0-5

2018 rankings:

Total Offence: Rams 2nd (445.3 yds/game) Green Bay 4th (421.0)

Total Defence: Rams 7th (327.4 yds/game) Green Bay 8th (328.3)

Prediction: Packers 17 Rams 38

I don't think we'll wipe the floor with them. It'll be a tough game, but we can win it. Them having an extra week to prepare only makes it more difficult. Our pass defense is going to need to be at its best. And we can't give Rodgers free plays by jumping offsides. We also need to contain Jimmy Graham. TEs have been an Achilles heel for us this year. If it's possible, I'd play Sam Shields more in this game than Troy Hill.

4 hours ago, DistantRam said:

I keep reading that this is going to be a real test; let’s get one thing straight- Green Bay have got the league’s best quarterback and nothing else. Rien. Nada. Zilch. 

2018 rankings:

Total Offence: Rams 2nd (445.3 yds/game) Green Bay 4th (421.0)

Total Defence: Rams 7th (327.4 yds/game) Green Bay 8th (328.3)

So does Rodgers play defense to have GB ranked so close to the Rams or what? ( I know the Rams offense will be a much different challenge than some of the opponents the Packers have played so far)

There's no doubting the team goes through Rodgers and he's the reason the Packers are competitive every week, but if you think he's the only player they have at all, you haven't been watching them much.

To  be sure, GB's consistency has been allllllllll over the place this season on both sides of the ball and special teams. But they have put things together and flashed on offense and defense for portions of each game.

Don't see the Rams defense holding Rodgers to 17 pts if he's healthy, but I do think the Rams will put up points for sure.

Archived