Week 8: Green Bay Packers @ LA Rams

DistantRam

My take on today's game was the Rams once again showed their mental toughness. These games is going to help them in the playoffs where things will be tougher. I thought last season against the Falcons the Rams showed that inexperience and was not able to overcome two special teams blunders. This Rams team is showing me that they can overcome anything. They can lose their top two corners, they can lose their top two receivers, they can lose their all-pro kick/punt returner and all-pro kicker. They can be in a shootout or just be in a flat out back and forth game into the 4th quarter. No matter what the situation is they have shown the still can overcome it and win. I said this before and Ill say it again, this is a special season for the Rams and we need to enjoy it. I dont care about point spreads or anything, I want wins and hopefully the Rams can get enough of them to get a the 1 seed in the NFC. Just think about this, BYE week is Week 12, if the Rams get a BYE in the playoffs they will 5 weeks before another BYE, then if they go to the Superbowl they will have another BYE in between the NFCCG and Superbowl. That would be 3 BYE weeks in like 10 weeks. Thats great for the Rams in terms of rest and health. So again the Rams just have to keep winning and thats all that matters.

13 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

But again there was nothing lucky about this game.

Too right. 

If anything, we were unlucky in that Cooks was repeatedly pulled back but nothing was called and Saffold was flagged for a holding call which opponents get away with (holding on Donald) every single play. 

30 minutes ago, DistantRam said:

Too right. 

If anything, we were unlucky in that Cooks was repeatedly pulled back but nothing was called and Saffold was flagged for a holding call which opponents get away with (holding on Donald) every single play. 

Yeah I dont know what was up with the refs. Ok so they missed one holding call on Cooks, but to miss one on the very next play was like wow. Not to mention Goff was tripped and the Packers got away with that too. But sometimes you got to overcome the refs too and thats what the Rams did. 

2 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

What will it take for Rams fans to actually show up the stadium on Sunday and not be outcheered by the visiting opponent? It's infuriating to watch Green Bay be louder than us when we're at home and an undefeated team no less. Just so embarassing

It's the nature of the beast.. Give it a few more years. 

38 minutes ago, El ramster said:

It's the nature of the beast.. Give it a few more years. 

I was there. It was quite emabarassing to not hear noise when GB took the field.  Definitely a lot of packers fans there as well.  LA fanbases are usually pretty quiet regardless, it’s weird.

Just now, Car_Ramrod said:

I was there. It was quite emabarassing to not hear noise when GB took the field.  Definitely a lot of packers fans there as well.  LA fanbases are usually pretty quiet regardless, it’s weird.

Nah they're some ratchets in there. But i feel you. It's like the whole LA golf clap thing while 

zipping your 80$ mimosa... Just give it time, Place at times could be electric. 

4 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

What will it take for Rams fans to actually show up the stadium on Sunday and not be outcheered by the visiting opponent? It's infuriating to watch Green Bay be louder than us when we're at home and an undefeated team no less. Just so embarassing

At this point, does it matters to gain the Homefield Advantage ? We're basically playing outside every week. 

In every city, an 8-0 team would have crowd coming to see the game. It's a big embarassement. 

Archived