Giants trade Eli Apple to Saints

49erurtaza

2 minutes ago, Raves said:

I mean he was amazing in college with few flaws, but whatever happened with the Giants just didn't work.  I think having 4 of his former teammates with him, Lattimore and Bell in the backfield, Thomas at WR and JT on the PS, will do a lot to help get him comfortable with the team and make sure he is focused and keeping outside distractions away.  I think I remember posting in the Saints forum at one point about trying to acquire Apple for a late round pick after his 2017 season because the talent is there, he might have just needed a change of scenery which seems to happen for players from time to time.

He started off on a really bad foot. Hopefully change of scenery will make him service. 

Question: who is the best WR in the league?

Answer: the Saints opponent’s #2 WR.

5/146/2

3/81/1

7/146/3

10/77/1

4/50/0

7/134/1

24 minutes ago, EL Guapo said:

Giants need Sam Beal to be good, they lost their third for him. Jenkins has struggled this year, I don't see them paying him again right now

They seem to like Grant Haley, UDFA from Penn State a lot as well. He got called up this past week and was active for the game last night. He got the biggest UDFA signing bonus of all our signings.

38 minutes ago, Raves said:

Basically what I thought hte compensation would be.  He's got all the talent in the world, part of why he was drafted 10th overall, but for whatever reason he just didn't do well with the Giants.  I honestly haven't followed them so who knows, but a change of scenery might be just what he needed, plus he has a lot of former teammates on the team which should help him feel more comfortable and focused.

The first two games he looked real good. He made strides. Then he got injured.

Per JLC:

Hearing the Eli Apple trade may just be tip of the iceberg. Strong perception among other teams thag the Giants are "open for business' ahead of next week's trade deadline.

Thought that might be the case. I think Dalvin Tomlinson, who is very good but doesn't fit Bettcher's defense, and Evan Engram, who is good and could be very good if he fixes his dropped balls issue, could be 2 other high quality guys on the block. JLC isn't the most reliable guy though, so we'll see.

Archived