What Point Did It Go Downhill?

NFL Network

Can someone fill me in on when the Raiders fell off a cliff after having SB hopes heading into the 2017 season?

Was it the Derek Carr injury on Christmas Eve in 2016? Some would say so but heading into that offseason they were supposed to be even better for 2017 but that wasn't the case.

Remember this team started the season 2-0 in 2017 and looking great and nothing was mentioned about any issues with Derek Carr but then all of as sudden came a SNF game in week 3 against the Skins and they looked awful and have only gotten worse since.

So in less than a year this team has gone from SB aspirations to basically stock piling draft picks? This doesn't make sense to me and somehow doesn't add up.

7 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

NFL Network? Are we being investigated? :ph34r:

No investigation as just stunned at how the expectations changed in less than a year. Where is the Derek Carr of 2016 or 2015 for that matter? This team was supposed to be on the upswing but can't figure out how it got so bad. I thought by the time they moved to Vegas they would be an AFC elite. 

I knew the defense was an issue in 2016 but they still went 12-4 and thus thought we had a franchise QB who could carry them to the playoffs in spite of a no so great defense but the defense is even worse and our QB fallen off a cliff and still dropping.

4 minutes ago, NFL Network said:

Why was Musgrave fired when they had such a great offense in 2016?

Disagreement with JDR or scared to lose Downing, I don't think anybody liked Musgrave including Carr, but he knew exactly how to handle Carr and Cooper it was brilliant really.

5 minutes ago, Nodisrespect said:

Disagreement with JDR or scared to lose Downing, I don't think anybody liked Musgrave including Carr, but he knew exactly how to handle Carr and Cooper it was brilliant really.

I was pro Musgrave it would of been Carr third year with an OC. Would of been curious how it fared.

2016 was an aberration. That team was not as good as their record indicated and people overreacted. The defense was terrible.

They had a lot break right. Week 1, a 2 point conversion for a win against the Saints. Lost to the Falcons week 2. Defense first defense to give up 500+ yards of offense in first 2 weeks of the season

Week 3, Lewan gets an unnecessary roughness call that cost the Titans a potential win. Week 3 Give up 412 yards off offense, won on a last minute TD. 4TDs on 199 yards passing for Carr. Week 4 give up a 10 point lead, Chargers fumble snap on game tying FG attempt with the momentum. Week 6 beat KC handedly, but give up 406 yards. Week 13 Bills give up a 15 point lead. 

So just some fluky things. KC had Carr's number and notable they've said once you get pressure on him, he folds and that's being proven somewhat currently.

The constant.... the defense was awful. And bad drafts centered on defense did nothing to help it. They were Mack and nothing else and that proved itself last year. Carr regressing also caused things to go downhill quickly

Archived