Roster moves

kingseanjohn

9 hours ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

I hope not but I wonder if this signing has more to do with Watkins than anything else. 

Exactly my thought. Or picking up an opportunity they liked to prep for Conley's departure next year.

59 minutes ago, KC_Guy said:

Exactly my thought. Or picking up an opportunity they liked to prep for Conley's departure next year.

I'd take Conley over Benjamin every single day. I'm hoping this is just an attempt at getting a comp pick.

Also, we released Jarvis Jenkins to make room for Benjamin. That leaves us with THREE DE (Jones, Bailey, Hamilton) on the roster and seven WR (Hill, Watkins, Conley, Robinson, Kemp, Dieter, Benjamin).

15 minutes ago, valkrei said:

so whats the knock on KB?  He good at anything?  It cannot be all bad right?!?!?!

He has a massive catch radius and has pretty good hands. 

He was also very soft with buffalo and doesn’t separate at all.  Andy can fix some of the issues with separation, the effort thing should be the biggest issue.  

Won’t have a problem taking Kemp or Deiters snaps, just hope this doesn’t take PT from Robinson, who I think can take it up another couple notches if given the chance.  

A thought that just struck me: Benjamin as a replacement for Demetrius Harris? Harris' hands are definitely an issue.

Demetrius Harris: 6-7 ... 230 lbs ... but I definitely think he has some more
Kelvin Benjamin: 6-5 ... 245 lbs
Travis Kelce: 6-5 ... 260 lbs

For now i guess we view him as a WR as long as Watkins is out. So i don't think we will convert him into a TE this year. If we sign him for the future in the offseason, maybe we could convert him into a TE. Originally that was one of my thoughts, that he might be a possible replacement of Harris, through even if he is a good blocker as a WR (something that could help us keeping up our run game on the outside this season) i doubt he can replace Harris blocking abilities completely. But he could be a replacement candidate for Kelce, if he ever gets injured, so overall a WR with the possibility to play TE if needed, if we decide to keep him after the season.

If i have to bet, i think he will leave us after the season to sign somewhere else. Definitely  not in the range of 8 million, what he got in this year from the Bills, but maybe someone is willing to give him a low million contract, that could net us in a 7th or 6th round compensatory pick. It all depends obviously on his performance for us. The better he plays the more likely it is that he leaves us to net us in a higher compensatory pick.

Archived