Roster moves

kingseanjohn

55 minutes ago, KC_Guy said:

Source: The situation is fluid, but right now, the #Chiefs are not planning to re-sign Mitch Morse. They have major decisions coming including Justin Houston, Dee Ford, Chris Jones and Tyreek Hill.

I kind of expected as much. The team's history has shown that we can pretty consistently replace interior linemen. And I'm sure he'll get more on the open market than he should. But Ford, Jones, and Hill are all far more essential pieces.

1 hour ago, Jakuvious said:

I kind of expected as much. The team's history has shown that we can pretty consistently replace interior linemen. And I'm sure he'll get more on the open market than he should. But Ford, Jones, and Hill are all far more essential pieces.

Agreed. As far as Houston, I’d like to extend him while lowering his cap hit next year. 

1 hour ago, kingseanjohn said:

Agreed. As far as Houston, I’d like to extend him while lowering his cap hit next year. 

I think Houston will purely be a money thing. He's definitely not worth the $20M with how he has played thus far, so it comes down to if he's going to expect to get an extension at that level again.

24 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

I think Houston will purely be a money thing. He's definitely not worth the $20M with how he has played thus far, so it comes down to if he's going to expect to get an extension at that level again.

For sure. I’m hoping he’ll go down to 10-12 mil per year. I think he would so other guys can get paid. But then again, Veach hasn’t asked guys to take pay cuts afaik. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/18/2018 at 3:18 AM, Chiefs_5627 said:

Talk about an article with zero substance. I mean, I get that someone has an opinion that Chiefs did well in the trade but there is absolutely nothing backing it up in the article.

2 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

So far I don’t really like the RB in this draft so he should be our starter for at least next year. 

He's much more explosive than Spencer in my eyes. Still waiting to see Darrell get some meaningful carries. He catches the ball so naturally. Reminds me a ton of Hunt

I think they understand they need to spend draft picks on the Oline and defensive side of the ball (LB's please). It makes sense, he can do what they ask of him and becasue of how potent the offense is, it creates easy yards naturally. There really isn't a need to have a top end RB at the end of the day.

Archived