What Can Brown Do For You? (Hopefully Lose This Time) Week 8 : Steelers host Browns

steelcurtain29

11 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Best wishes to your son.

Thank brother. It was a potentially big oral procedure (he's only 6; there was some scare of infection in his gums) but things actually went as good as they could possible go. We were back home before 10 am and was functioning as if nothing happened. 

I'll update the OP sometime tonight. Can someone let JDL know we need hotties? I'm sure he has the best ones available at the snap of a finger xD

2 hours ago, August4th said:

Ben is on pace to throw for over 5, 400 yards. that's crazy with how mediocre he has been, but that's the new NFL

I could see him getting it too. He's been playing well but the offense still isn't exactly clicking. James Washington needs to get up to speed soon. I know Ben hasn't been throwing the best deep ball in the world, but we still need a field stretcher. 

56 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I could see him getting it too. He's been playing well but the offense still isn't exactly clicking. James Washington needs to get up to speed soon. I know Ben hasn't been throwing the best deep ball in the world, but we still need a field stretcher. 

its possible, but I doubt he hits 5,400, but 5,000 feels like a lock. I see some shootouts on the schedule, so I think games missed from a injury will be the only thing that stops him from getting 5K

1 hour ago, jebrick said:

Rookie WR generally take at least 1/2 a season to get up to speed.  JuJu is an exception.

Agreed. Even though I wasn't a fan of the pick, he's six weeks into his rookie season. Beyond that, with the way James Conner is catching out of the backfield, the way Vance McDonald is playing, and the fact that they like Ryan Switzer in the slot, there aren't a ton of opportunities for a rookie who is still getting acclimated to the Playbook. The lack of opportunities was why I was against taking wide receiver so early. Would have been much better off taking a linebacker that could have contributed early and often... But hey, that's why we have Keion Adams. Praise be to him.

1 hour ago, August4th said:

Ben has only been sacked 9 times so far, 4 of those sacks came from the week 1 browns game. pass protection will be key this Sunday

OL has been decent, but this needs to be a better performance than the week 1 game.  

18 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

James Washington needs to get up to speed soon.

James Washington doesn't get separation.  He's a jump ball kinda guy.  Ben has almost never thrown to guys that can't get separation.  Not really a shock that he's not up to speed.

28 minutes ago, warfelg said:

James Washington doesn't get separation.  He's a jump ball kinda guy.  Ben has almost never thrown to guys that can't get separation.  Not really a shock that he's not up to speed.

A 5'11" WR with 4.54 speed, an average Vertical and a 7.11 3-Cone can't get separation? Preposterous. 

Archived