steelcurtain29

What Can Brown Do For You? (Hopefully Lose This Time) Week 8 : Steelers host Browns

15 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

A 5'11" WR with 4.54 speed, an average Vertical and a 7.11 3-Cone can't get separation? Preposterous. 

Hence why I hated the pick.  Especially with Chark, Davis, Carter on the board.

12 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Hence why I hated the pick.  Especially with Chark, Davis, Carter on the board.

And Fred Warner. I was just thinking of how much better of a draft it would have been if we took Warner in the second. Even if everyone else was the same, the addition of an athletic, playmaking ILB in rd. 2 makes it all better.

3 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

And Fred Warner. I was just thinking of how much better of a draft it would have been if we took Warner in the second. Even if everyone else was the same, the addition of an athletic, playmaking ILB in rd. 2 makes it all better.

Hindsighting a draft is often frustrating but this past one REALLY is. 

1 hour ago, Chieferific said:

Hindsighting a draft is often frustrating but this past one REALLY is. 

I still will hold out hope with this draft because i see some of the potential and will always be more optimistic than most, but me and a buddy had a dark horse candidate for lb that we both wanted if evans was gone in our scenario. We both liked Darius Leonard to be a farrior type lb for us that is not nearly the athlete that shazier was but did do most everything really well with good range. He would have complimented williams perfectly imo. Oh well we will never know

16 minutes ago, Big Snack said:

I still will hold out hope with this draft because i see some of the potential and will always be more optimistic than most, but me and a buddy had a dark horse candidate for lb that we both wanted if evans was gone in our scenario. We both liked Darius Leonard to be a farrior type lb for us that is not nearly the athlete that shazier was but did do most everything really well with good range. He would have complimented williams perfectly imo. Oh well we will never know

Yeah, but Leonard went early in the 2nd so he would have to of been the 1st Rd pick. That was a stretch at least on Draft day. Warner would have been just about right in the 2nd. 

Edited by Chieferific

Just now, Chieferific said:

Yeah, but Leonard went early in the 2nd so he would have to of been the 1st Rd pick. That was a stretch at least on Draft day. Warner would have been just about right in the 3rd. 

we both wanted evans like most everyone else, but yes we also were ok with him as a bit of a reach as our 1st. Once we drafted edmunds we both agreed that if we were gonna reach it should have been leonard. Like i said oh well. Warner would have been a nice pick as well

2 hours ago, Chieferific said:

A 5'11" WR with 4.54 speed, an average Vertical and a 7.11 3-Cone can't get separation? Preposterous. 

39" vertical is average?

He and Juju are just about the same WR with the exception of the 3-cone. ( 6.92 vs 7.11) and vertical (33.5 vs 39).

I am not a James Washington champion.  I just like to give rookies time to develop.  95% of the rookies coming into the NFL are not prepared for the NFL game.  DBs do not know their craft.  WR run very limited route trees and do not know how to run routes.  Spread offenses train QBs to make decisions at the LOS before the snap based on match up.

For rookie WR, I always look for route running in college.  Wr will good route running will be early success.  Most Wr coming out of college need to learn to run routes correctly.

10 minutes ago, jebrick said:

39" vertical is average?

He and Juju are just about the same WR with the exception of the 3-cone. ( 6.92 vs 7.11) and vertical (33.5 vs 39).

I am not a James Washington champion.  I just like to give rookies time to develop.  95% of the rookies coming into the NFL are not prepared for the NFL game.  DBs do not know their craft.  WR run very limited route trees and do not know how to run routes.  Spread offenses train QBs to make decisions at the LOS before the snap based on match up.

For rookie WR, I always look for route running in college.  Wr will good route running will be early success.  Most Wr coming out of college need to learn to run routes correctly.

Vertical was 34.5 at the Combine and yes that is average. Pro Day scores were pretty good tho.

Edited by Chieferific

I am kind to the draft picks by always taking their best scores for the combine drills. :-)

I have a gut feeling you guys are going to murder us this week.

3 hours ago, DawgX said:

I like your gut feeling.

Honestly, part of me agrees and Im not trying to sound like a homer or sound egotistical or anything. I just feel like the Steelers are finally working out the bugs offensively and are just beginning to reach their full potential. Defensively they still have issues but it can be argued we are still playing better on that side too. The Browns are clearly an improved team, I just feel that right now they find themselves in a matchup against a team that is striding through their 'juggernaut' portion of the season. And lets be real sometimes its about WHEN you play a team as much as it is about who and how.

Edited by wwhickok

5 hours ago, DawgX said:

the nfl fired that ref that failed on that one chargers TD, so lets hope the nfl doesn't help you guy win and get even of sorts. If we don't get good pressure on Mayfield, I can't see how he won't have his way with this secondary. I actually hope he does and this is the game that will make our FO decide to finally cut burns after they trade for Jenkins.

6 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

the nfl fired that ref that failed on that one chargers TD, so lets hope the nfl doesn't help you guy win and get even of sorts. If we don't get good pressure on Mayfield, I can't see how he won't have his way with this secondary. I actually hope he does and this is the game that will make our FO decide to finally cut burns after they trade for Jenkins.

I really wouldn't be worried if I were you about the refs helping us. :P

5 hours ago, DawgX said:

Came here to share the same concern. I expect the Browns to come out confident, but Ben will start slingin with revenge on his mind.

I'm even more concerned about the defensive front just abusing the Browns tackles.

Please go easy on us, guys, we just want to have a little hope

giphy.gif

On 10/24/2018 at 9:17 AM, steelcurtain29 said:

Thank brother. It was a potentially big oral procedure (he's only 6; there was some scare of infection in his gums) but things actually went as good as they could possible go. We were back home before 10 am and was functioning as if nothing happened. 

I'll update the OP sometime tonight. Can someone let JDL know we need hotties? I'm sure he has the best ones available at the snap of a finger xD

Sorry boys I'm out of town so only have my cell...  cant send pics  ?