What Can Brown Do For You? (Hopefully Lose This Time) Week 8 : Steelers host Browns

steelcurtain29

32 minutes ago, Neumatic said:

JD strikes me as the type to still have a flip phone ?

???  that hurts.  No sir I do not.  But I dont quite know how to post pics without copying the pic info and pasting to the post.  So yeah... I might as well have a flip phone I guess  ?

On 2018-10-25 at 8:18 AM, warfelg said:

Hence why I hated the pick.  Especially with Chark, Davis, Carter on the board.

I never understood the pick at first, but then thought perhaps they were thinking of Mason being the QB and he would be in synch with his college WR1 teammate. Then to lookout this team, he would be down the progression, especially if bell is a WR2 as he wants to be paid and they tried to pay him. So with the emergence of McDonald  and if they did actually sign bell (and bell was to catch 90 passes O.o ) this draft pick would be WR5 . As it is he is WR4 but possibly 5 since Connor never drops passes and has 2 one handed catches already. 

I didn't care for the draft when it happened, but hoped the best. As time moves on, we will see if this was another fail by colbert, and it probably;y was . I expect Mason to be decent , but will it be for us, because he might not get to play for a while. 

For a team that needed a lot of help on D, they really failed in this draft. That is on colbert btw.

On 2018-10-23 at 2:06 PM, steelcurtain29 said:

More to come soon! Just wanted to get the discussion started. Sorry for the crappy start of the thread; son had surgery today. Crazy last 48 hours.

(Someone PM me hotties and I will post if they're worth the approval)

the washington GTD has some :ph34r:

1 hour ago, wwhickok said:

It cracks me up listening to guys like Jabrill Peppers and Myles Garrett who feel that the Browns should have won the first game outright in regulation and expect theyre capable of forcing 6 turnovers again in this matchup.

I think theyre delusional on both accounts.

Not sure why they believe they SHOULD HAVE won in regulation.     We had the game well in hand until that BS call on the punt that gave them the ball, and then we proceeded to shoot ourselves in the foot numerous times the rest of the way that let them tie the game.   Not making excuses because it was our own shortcomings that did it, but if one team SHOULD HAVE won, it was us....but we didnt due to our own failures....same with them.

Obviously, we could lose tomorrow, but they will probably have to actually outplay us this time.

7 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Not sure why they believe they SHOULD HAVE won in regulation.     We had the game well in hand until that BS call on the punt that gave them the ball, and then we proceeded to shoot ourselves in the foot numerous times the rest of the way that let them tie the game.   Not making excuses because it was our own shortcomings that did it, but if one team SHOULD HAVE won, it was us....but we didnt due to our own failures....same with them.

Obviously, we could lose tomorrow, but they will probably have to actually outplay us this time.

Some quotes from Garrett and Peppers..

Peppers: "I definitely feel like we let them sneak out of here. We fought all of the way back, but it should not have even been that if we did what we were supposed to do from the get go. "

Garrett:  "You do not know who is the better out of the two yet,"

Garrett: "That is the goal," Garrett explained. "Six turnovers is a lot, but I think that it is doable."  -- This was a response to a question of whether Garrett felt they could force the Steelers to make more mistakes again.

51 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Peppers: "I definitely feel like we let them sneak out of here. We fought all of the way back, but it should not have even been that if we did what we were supposed to do from the get go. "

I mean, its just such a generic assessment.     Basically he is saying "If we played better, we would have won"

Well...derp....they couldve said that about most of the 36 games theyve lost (or tied) over the last 2+ seasons.    

If we wouldve played better, we would have won too.    

We didnt....they didnt....we tied.    

Garrett:  "You do not know who is the better out of the two yet,"

Garrett: "That is the goal," Garrett explained. "Six turnovers is a lot, but I think that it is doable."  -- This was a response to a question of whether Garrett felt they could force the Steelers to make more mistakes again.

Nothing really wrong with either of those, but I doubt they force us into six turnovers again, or a BS call that allowed them to get back into the game.

They could definitely force us to make mistakes though.   Let's just hope Ben isnt as rusty as he was in week 1.

3 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I mean, its just such a generic assessment.     Basically he is saying "If we played better, we would have won"

Well...derp....they couldve said that about most of the 36 games theyve lost (or tied) over the last 2+ seasons.    

If we wouldve played better, we would have won too.    

We didnt....they didnt....we tied.    

Nothing really wrong with either of those, but I doubt they force us into six turnovers again, or a BS call that allowed them to get back into the game.

They could definitely force us to make mistakes though.   Let's just hope Ben isnt as rusty as he was in week 1.

I agree. But I also think its clear members of this division outside of Pittsburgh like to attempt to paint themselves as more successful than they truly are. Bengals DB said something similar after we beat them.

Archived