Jump to content
steelcurtain29

What Can Brown Do For You? (Hopefully Lose This Time) Week 8 : Steelers host Browns

Recommended Posts

Its starting to sound like Haley is soon to be fired as the Browns' OC.

If the Browns' offense performs poorly against us, don't be shocked if Haley is looking for a job on Monday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They do not have the offensive tools to do well.  Their defense has some talent.  Their offense, especially their Oline, not so much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jebrick said:

They do not have the offensive tools to do well.  Their defense has some talent.  Their offense, especially their Oline, not so much.

I agree and lets be honest, outside of Jarvis Landry, their WR's aren't exactly head turners.  They have a good albeit extremely underachieving and inconsistent Tight End.  Their 'bread n butter' is definitely their defense.  Forcing us to make game changing mistakes is likely the only way they will win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There seems to be a lot of discussion about what Burnett would do when he comes back. I think it’s pretty clear. Sutton has been filling the role of dimebacker. I think Burnett slots in to replace him. Sutton then moves into a rotation with Burns at CB. Sensabaugh then gets deactivated. That makes the most sense, right? 

I think Sutton is our starting corner opposite Haden by the end of the year. I’m not giving up on Burns. I think he’ll get this figured out. Ike got benched early in his career. If Burns can be what Ike was for us, that’s a successful pick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

There seems to be a lot of discussion about what Burnett would do when he comes back. I think it’s pretty clear. Sutton has been filling the role of dimebacker. I think Burnett slots in to replace him. Sutton then moves into a rotation with Burns at CB. Sensabaugh then gets deactivated. That makes the most sense, right? 

I think Sutton is our starting corner opposite Haden by the end of the year. I’m not giving up on Burns. I think he’ll get this figured out. Ike got benched early in his career. If Burns can be what Ike was for us, that’s a successful pick.

My only problem here is that Sutton has had his chances too on the outside and was benched just as quickly. 

I’m all for him getting more opportunities, but his limited action on the outside has been pretty bad too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In terms of the browns offense, I actually do like a lot of their structure. They have field stretchers in Njoko and Callaway, a middle/underneath destroyer of a slot receiver in Le’Veon Bell, I mean Jarvis Landry, and a “Bell lite” running back in Duke Johnson. 

Maybe a browns fan could tell me better, but I’m confused why they don’t involve Duke more as a centerpiece. He is extremely flexible as a player and worked really well out of the slot last year. Would have thought Haley would love him in a Bell like structure. When you seemingly lack s true #2 receiving threat, I’m not sure why you don’t use one of your best “receiving threats” in some capacity. He is nowhere near as special of a runner, but he can get the job done on 10 carries a game. But in true Haley fashion, he likes to show his playcalling hand in personnel choices by making DJ passing down only. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

My only problem here is that Sutton has had his chances too on the outside and was benched just as quickly. 

I’m all for him getting more opportunities, but his limited action on the outside has been pretty bad too. 

I think Sutton is in a better place now than at the beginning of the year. The overall defense too. I think he’s growing as a player. He’s also the only corner we have that is trending upwards. I think being eased in as the dimebacker helped him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I think Sutton is in a better place now than at the beginning of the year. The overall defense too. I think he’s growing as a player. He’s also the only corner we have that is trending upwards. I think being eased in as the dimebacker helped him.

We can hope, and like I said I want to see him get his chances again... but we have already seen this movie and it didn’t end well. Sesnebaugh started the year as the next guy after the next guy...now he is a “starter”. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

wonder how many people are aware that the steelers are wearing throwbacks right now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, August4th said:

wonder how many people are aware that the steelers are wearing throwbacks right now

Not many.  Bring back the Bumblebees!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×