Who's fault are the high sack numbers

CBrownsman

A very interesting read about Mayfields reads vs the time he has to throw the ball, vs the plays that are called.

A breakdown of the sacks on Sunday against the Buccs

From what I am reading and Understanding is Mayfield is asked to be doing a lot.  As a lot of us have assumed, Haley and Hue are very rigid in their system and they are asking Mayfield to let the play develop while the line doesn't necessarily give the time for that to happen.  Mayfield does need to get better about reading the dump offs and routes that get open first.

I don't think our line has been great, they have not given a pocket for Mayfield to step up into for the most part, but the numbers say he is getting enough time.

Is the line what we need to address? Does Mayfield need to get better at reading the play? Is he expected at this point to just get it? Do the coaches need to develop a better game play to ease the rookie into the NFL?

What do you think?

Our receivers need to get open

Baker has got to go with his check downs more often he’s leaving a lot of yards out there 

we have to call passing plays in better situations 

we need to not make terrible penalties pushing us back 

we gotta run the balk better on early downs as well as having those taken back by penalties 

31 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

When in doubt this is always the answer.

Just ask Hue.

Sashi was the best and most diligent and crafty GM of all time at accomplishing the goal of historic losing in order to set the team up for sustainable winning via a low salary cap number and a roster with talented high draft picks that have low salary cap number.

To that end, he was amazing for us and should be commended.

In terms of a GM, who's goal is to actually Win games beyond 2-3 wins a season, he was one of the worst GMs in the history of the NFL.

Given that I think his task was to tank in epic fashion... he was one of my favorite and best GMs (the WR corps were classic).

To coaches and veteran players like Joe Thomas, he was one of the worst human being sports GMs ever.

Joe Thomas broke down in tears in front of his wife (as told by Joe on the Pat Mcafee show) when the realization of Sashi's and the FO's plan hit him after conversations with them.

Sashi was both terrible and the GM that may have saved the franchise.

For anyone living in the now, he's trash.... for those with the future in mind... he's a hero...

A lot of our team "bulk" numbers are high because we've played more football than anyone else.  4 full OT periods, plus we haven't had our bye yet.

But yes, we're giving up too many sacks.  The reasons, in descending order of importance:

1. Baker holding the ball too long.
  2. O-line getting beaten.
  3. Long developing pass plays.
  4. Receivers not getting open.
  5. Caravan of migrants.

15 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

A lot of our team "bulk" numbers are high because we've played more football than anyone else.  4 full OT periods, plus we haven't had our bye yet.

But yes, we're giving up too many sacks.  The reasons, in descending order of importance:

1. Baker holding the ball too long.
  2. O-line getting beaten.
  3. Long developing pass plays.
  4. Receivers not getting open.
  5. Caravan of migrants.

Way too low?  Also this looks an awful lot like the list of reasons why my ex-wife left me.

I think it’s a bit of everything, I think our OL is allowing to much pressure up the middle which is the worst kind of pressure, I also think our WR’s suck at getting open which forces Baker to hold onto the ball, I also think that we run a lot of slow developing routes and finally I think Baker needs to hit the check down more often

53 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Sashi was the best and most diligent and crafty GM of all time at accomplishing the goal of historic losing in order to set the team up for sustainable winning via a low salary cap number and a roster with talented high draft picks that have low salary cap number.

To that end, he was amazing for us and should be commended.

In terms of a GM, who's goal is to actually Win games beyond 2-3 wins a season, he was one of the worst GMs in the history of the NFL.

Given that I think his task was to tank in epic fashion... he was one of my favorite and best GMs (the WR corps were classic).

To coaches and veteran players like Joe Thomas, he was one of the worst human being sports GMs ever.

Joe Thomas broke down in tears in front of his wife (as told by Joe on the Pat Mcafee show) when the realization of Sashi's and the FO's plan hit him after conversations with them.

Sashi was both terrible and the GM that may have saved the franchise.

For anyone living in the now, he's trash.... for those with the future in mind... he's a hero...

I get all that, and all due respect to Joe, but I don’t give a poop.

Im sure the nine figures he earned to endure the losing seasons had to have helped soften the blow. 

38 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I get all that, and all due respect to Joe, but I don’t give a poop.

Im sure the nine figures he earned to endure the losing seasons had to have helped soften the blow. 

yeah he should have asked to be traded.

Archived