• Miami Dolphins
    • Houston Texans
    • Tie!
  2. 2. How close will the game be?

• 3 or less point difference
    • 4-7 point difference
    • 8-14 point difference
    • 15 or more point difference
  3. 3. Who scores the most fantasy points in this game?

• Brock Osweiler
    • Deshaun Watson
    • Frank Gore
    • Kenyan Drake
    • Lamar Miller
    • Alfred Blue
    • DeVante Parker
    • Kenny Stills
    • Danny Amendola
    • Jakeem Grant
    • DeAndre Hopkins
    • Will Fuller
    • Keke Coutee
    • Mike Gesicki
    • Ryan Griffen
    • Jason Sanders
    • Ka'imi Fairbairn
    • Dolphins DST
    • Texans DST
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/26/2018 at 12:00 AM

57 minutes ago, JourneymanQB13 said:

How many times are we going to blow coverages today on defense?! 

Probably for as long as Burke is the D- Coordinator. This D is better than giving up 30 Plus points every game, McCain is a junk corner but the rest of the guys are pretty good it has to be a bad defensive scheme or something, 

I don't see a future with this current staff. Unless Gase stops being stubborn, hires an actual OC, hires an actual experienced DC, and they fire Tannenbaum, he will go down with everyone else and they will clean house in 1-2 years. I'm not a big fan of Gase, but even if he isn't the problem to other people he's still tied down to all these people who will drag him down with them. 

16 minutes ago, freak_of_nature said:

How does everyone feel about DeVante Parker?

After that performance, it's hard to see why he was a healthy scratch in past games. I can't help but wonder if Gase is unable to motivate some of our better players to play. Parker isn't a locker room distraction yet he got blackballed by Gase. Parker proved that he had every right to be upset. Makes me wonder about Jordan Phillips as well. I get that this league isn't exactly made up of angels, but at some point as a coach, you have to be able to win over your most talented players instead of getting rid of anyone who you get upset with. I get cutting locker room distractions, but you should be able to get the team to "buy in". 

Just now, JourneymanQB13 said:

After that performance, it's hard to see why he was a healthy scratch in past games. I can't help but wonder if Gase is unable to motivate some of our better players to play. Parker isn't a locker room distraction yet he got blackballed by Gase. Parker proved that he had every right to be upset. Makes me wonder about Jordan Phillips as well. I get that this league isn't exactly made up of angels, but at some point as a coach, you have to be able to win over your most talented players instead of getting rid of anyone who you get upset with. I get cutting locker room distractions, but you should be able to get the team to "buy in". 

Maybe the better question is "How do some other teams feel about him now?" 4 more days. Can we get that 3rd rounder we've been seeking?

2 minutes ago, freak_of_nature said:

Maybe the better question is "How do some other teams feel about him now?" 4 more days. Can we get that 3rd rounder we've been seeking?

It would be a no-brainer trade without Wilson on IR. But then again, if Wilson wasn't on IR then Parker wouldn't have been on the field much last night. 

It's a vicious circle lol

Having a DVR is a blessing and a curse. It's a blessing in the respect that I get to "rewind" big plays and see what happened, it's a curse because I can't take the easy way out and blame Gase and the coaching staff. Here are some things I saw. #1, McMillan and Baker are very raw. They mis-read plays, take bad angles, and run themselves out of position. The Texans tried not to run at Kiko. They targeted RM and JB. On one big run, RM was slow to fill into the gap, which allowed the LG to reach him, and block him out of the play. He never even looked for the OG, his vision was locked on the RB, so when the LG hit him, he was unprepared and got blown out of the gap. JB misread this play and rushed to the outside of the DE, like he was defending a screen or sweep. When he tried to get back to the gap, the TE nailed him and that was it, Miller was through the gap and into the secondary. Kiko read the play correctly and almost reached Miller, but Miller was too fast and ran right past him. McDonald was also slow to react, and Miller made a single cut and was past him. Jones had to run the play down from the other side of the field to prevent the TD. This play should have been a loss because there wasn't a lead blocker in front of Miller. This scenario played out dozens of times in the game. On another TD, Fitz was supposed to cover the slot WR in man coverage, but he thought it was zone, and just waved at the WR as he ran by, expecting a S to cover over the top. On another TD, RM was covering the center of the field in a zone. The TE ran right into his zone, but he didn't even see the TE because he was staring at the QB. I can get McCain getting burned. He doesn't have the speed to run with fast WR's. He ran a 4.5 40, and he isn't 100%. What is killing me is the horrible recognition by the defense, and all of the mistakes they are making. Our offense with Brock at QB, has been decent. When was the last time we were consistently scoring over 21 points a game. We played a very good defense, with out best WR's out, and was moving the ball and scoring points. The defense is just killing us. Our DT's can't hold at the point of attack. Our DE's are a step slow, and besides Kiko, our LB's don't have a clue what's going on. Our S don't have any speed, and our CB's are making dumb mistakes. This isn't a lack of coaching.

All those mistakes are common on TNF games, the road team often isn't physically or mentally ready. 

Take these extra days of rest between losing Oct 25 on the road on TNF, and the next home game Nov 4 vs the Jets, study, practice, improve. 

Also the 1 p.m. at Green Bay got moved to 4:25 p.m., so that's like an extra 3 hours of study time...

Archived